Suspension Upgrade

Des

ok people i have a ae82 seca its got superlow king springs and new gas ryder shocks.the front shockies bottom out lots over small bumps the back is good doesnt bottom out at all.so if any one has any suggestions about the front that would help heaps

Members dont see this ad

this is the first car that i have started to change suspension components and kings where recommended by goodyear so i went them, havent had a prob with the super lows except there too low looks sweet but undrivable.cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the supalows and yeah the guys are right it's gonna take more modding to make it a nice fit but mine don't bottom out at all really... Did you shorten your bump-stops when you installed it? I had this recommended by a pro installer who i got the springs from and yeah no probs here, until i got the 17's, now i have to roll my rears, but that's a another story... Oh i also reckon that it'll take more than springs and shocks to get your corolla to handle more like a sports car...just a fact that these cars (mostly) weren't made to be driven the way that i (and i imagine many of you) like to drive. That's just from my experience with it so far (2 years and counting...)

Best of luck with the direction you take!

tibor

I've got the supalows and yeah the guys are right it's gonna take more modding to make it a nice fit but mine don't bottom out at all really... Did you shorten your bump-stops when you installed it? I had this recommended by a pro installer who i got the springs from and yeah no probs here, until i got the 17's, now i have to roll my rears, but that's a another story... Oh i also reckon that it'll take more than springs and shocks to get your corolla to handle more like a sports car...just a fact that these cars (mostly) weren't made to be driven the way that i (and i imagine many of you) like to drive. That's just from my experience with it so far (2 years and counting...)

Best of luck with the direction you take!

tibor

i had superlows in they front with NO bump stops they would bottom out on every little bump.has lows in now and cut bump stops and I'm goin to see if the sway bar from my ae92 trueno will fit in ae82 if it does gooood