Top Plastic Dash Bit.

lammi

The stupid plastic dash bit above has cracked on my car, as well as many other ae82's i've seen, ive been to a heap of wreckers but they ALL seem to be cracked.

does anyone have plans of doing a custom one up, because i (and I'm sure alot of other people) would be very interested in it.

was thinking of putting a bit of brushed aluminium on there but realized the glare would kill my eyesight.

its this bit here just for higher reference.

post-1428-1152422300.jpg

• 5 months later...
Members dont see this ad

is that an ae82 dash with an ae92 guage cluster? just curious never seen that b4, ive considered changing my dash to an ae86 but only the cluster area, not all the way to the passenger side door if ya know what i mean. but i am also intrested to know about any1 who has custom dashes.

but back on topic, my ae82 dash hasnt cracked yet, still goin strong :D

Edited by rsi_conquest_twincam

is that an ae82 dash with an ae92 guage cluster? just curious never seen that b4, ive considered changing my dash to an ae86 but only the cluster area, not all the way to the passenger side door if ya know what i mean. but i am also intrested to know about any1 who has custom dashes.

but back on topic, my ae82 dash hasnt cracked yet, still goin strong :D

Yeah it Peter's (AE826SPD from twincam.info) AE82 seca with a 101 GZE in it and they used the supercharged dash and cropped it into the AE82 dash, It is for sale here: AE82/101 GZE

Yeah it Peter's (AE826SPD from twincam.info) AE82 seca with a 101 GZE in it and they used the supercharged dash and cropped it into the AE82 dash, It is for sale here: AE82/101 GZE

not tryna diss or anything but I'm not fond of the ae92 dashes allthough it is a good idea just not for me good work tho, i prefer to keep my dash cluster bcoz its unique here in aus and it is stock too, chek it out

pict0116nt9.jpg

sorry bout the bad quality... will take a better pic wen i can

Edited by rsi_conquest_twincam

my AE82 Dash pad is still in one piece, on the outside at least - the screw mounts have crumbled so I am considering grinding them back and making new ones from the "plastic bog" you can buy to fix scratches and cracks in your bumpers etc.

Have considered making a mould of the dash pad but have no idea what to make the new pad from if I had a mould. Maybe just resin from fibreglass - with no glass in it ????

whoah this is an old thread, back in the days of my red ae82. But it still applies coz the one on the white one has split straight up the middle and pretty much just crumbled in my hand.

Ruts- if you do find a way to make a mold...you will be rich haha. there are so many wreckers ive been to that have said that they have heaps of people coming in looking for these. so if you made some, I'm sure thered be a fair fewthat would buy them.

• 3 weeks later...

just a thought, if they are cracked without missing bits it might be a quick fix to get it plastic welded from underneith, although make sure the plastic welder is good some of em can be ruff as.

P.S i feel lucky mine was cracked but my old man found me one in tamworth at a wreckers ( cheers dad ) although did cost me

$ 70 :jamie:

• 2 weeks later...