I need help finding spares and replacements for my KE30

NieTshepoNie

Good evening all, I recently bought a KE30 Corolla 2 door for R12000 (around 1000 aud). It isn't in the best shape and I have intentions of restoring it, but, I am having trouble finding parts for it, new or old, over here in Botswana and South Africa. Does anyone know of a place where I can get spares and performance/accesories for it online that will ship to South Africa, Ebay unfortunately doesn't help as most people aren't willing to ship to SA. So any website links or places in Botswana/South Africa, preferably not a sketchy place in one of SAs shanties, would be greatly appreciated.

This is my first car and I am only 16, so any advice going forward would be amazing as well.

Thank you in advance.

IMG_1130.jpeg

Edited by NieTshepoNie
Just adding some tags

Members dont see this ad

Yslike, a Gautang nommerplate eksie! No rust?? Kept away from the coast?   You know as well as I do that all the old Corollas end up in the townships, I've been thinking of coming back over and filling a container from the shanties in the Western Cape.  T-series engine?? 2T? So much better than the K-series motors they put in Australia's.

I don't know any one place, but on here is as good as anywhere, although apparently most Rollaclub stuff is now on Facebook so make sure you find that.  Anything on Gumtree that you need?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-parts-accessories/ke30/k0c18323r10

Otherwise, as you say.. no hope!

Most of the Thai sellers on eBay have their own websites off Ebay and may be willing to ship to you, but note the quality of the repro stuff is a bit variable. 

A good option is yahoo Japan. Often cheaper than you would think, and often the only place you will find things. But you will need to buy through one of the sites that enable you to search in English and bid in real-time. I’ve been doing that for years and have a great broker here in Australia that ships larger items by container. Even a whole shell on one occasion. You will need to do some searching for that. 

I also buy a lot of genuine parts using a wholesaler, Impex Japan. You need to know part numbers though. They are surprisingly cheap compared to my local Toyota dealer. Of course, many parts I try to buy are no longer available, but I’m often surprised by what I can get.