Retro Fitting Brakes

Hi,

I was just wondering car the drum brakes from the rear of a KE70 fit on to a KE30?

As my KE30 has the jap diff and the KE70 has the other one. I am wondering can I swap the rear drums as my original ones are SHIT they hardly work and had a mechainc or two look at then adn they can't do anything and the ones on my KE70 work great lock after 2 clicks so I want to swap them over. Can I do it witha different diff?

Is much involved and what should I look for?

cameron

Members dont see this ad

Hi,

Ever since new the drums have never been good in my car. I have to pull my hand brake on with two hands at times on a steep hill as it is crap. I have cleaed the drums had them re machined new pads tightened the hand brake to no luck still crap??

But when I got in my KE70 the other day when I got it brake worked 10 times better so I wanna know if they will fit? As I wanna remove the whole brake assembly off the KE70 Diff and put it on my KE30. As they work great.

Has anyone else had trouble with a KE30 hand brake or done any work one one to improve its performance and can tell me what I can do to mine to increase its breaking power?

Cameron

The cable could even be stretched ? But like you've said " had the hand brake tightened". As a laugh the pads could even be around the wrong way. How about lubing up the brake cable, i know from experience with push bikes that when the brake cables got tight a squirt of oil on the cables loosed them up and they started working good again.

Hi,

OUCH. Never use oil in cable lines. If you need to lubricate them use grafite powder it can be bough at super cheap and other places. As oil will slowly collect dirt and become worse than before but the grafite has a lubricating effect and doesnt collect and stick to dirt.

The brakes are up the right way and everything I just think they were made on a monday..lol

Ill look at the mounts this arvo to see if I can retro fit them. As I'm not really into drifting so it isnt a to big a deal but I would like a better performing brakes as on a few hills I have had to take a brick you could say..lol

Cameron