7k Into Ke10

madrolla68

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
We have a 7k in my KE55. Fit in perfectly on the 4K mounts. Although just looking at the size of the KE1X's it looks like they might have a smaller engine bay. Mine has a 3K sump on it (which is leaking :P ). The previous owner of the engine said he replaced the 7K sump with the 3K because (as above) the 7K sump wouldn't fit. My dad said (and this might not be correct) that the 7K is physically the same size as the 4K, the only differences are internal.

I'm not sure how all this worked out because ive got my engine sitting in there, the block is wider so ill have to modify the angine mounts and also the sump cause the 5k one is smaller and does not bolt up to the 7K sump rails.

Some people have been telling porkys i think. ;)

I'm not sure how all this worked out because ive got my engine sitting in there, the block is wider so ill have to modify the angine mounts and also the sump cause the 5k one is smaller and does not bolt up to the 7K sump rails.

Some people have been telling porkys i think. ;)

Yep.

I don't know what kind of 7k people are talking about but 3,4,5K sumps don't fit. The 7K block is about 10mm wider so the studs just don't line up with the holes in the oil pan. This wider block is also the reason why the engine mounts don't line up perfectly.

How do I know this? I've got 5K and 7k motors and I've had them in and out of my race car.

coming along there nicely by the looks of it matt.

what turbo you going to use??

and what are you doing with the manifold there?? are you just welding a flange for the turbo onto the hot-box gasket spot??

Hey man hows it going,i am using a Garret turbo froma 2.3 litre saab,they are a good size and the wastegate is integral part of the outlet flange and they seem to work well. I am now working for a fuel injection/turbo place and they have custom made me one to suit.The manifold is a custom one i have built from my old set of extractors, bought the flange from turbo tech and bent up the pipes to line up with the flange.

Its all welded up now and looks the part,i will be heat tape wrapping the pipes to keep the heat from the manifold.

sorry i was not reading oooppps ... great

i just got my stand alone ecu made by SDS and i getting ready to buy my turbo do you know what your turbo spec are trim AR boost characteristic etc.. how did you come up using this turbo thanks for the help

Edited by toycar

sorry i was not reading oooppps ... great

i just got my stand alone ecu made by SDS and i getting ready to buy my turbo do you know what your turbo spec are trim AR boost characteristic etc.. how did you come up using this turbo thanks for the help

They are compact and work well for there size.

The A/R is .48

just a word of warning with that cooler matt - I've found lately after putting my cooler in that the enigine seems to get hot very easy.

It took me a little while to put it down to the fact that the coller overlaps half of the radiator, hench reducing the flow of air through the radiator!!!

you would think that it would make that much difference, but I am sure that this is what is causing my overheating problems.

are you just going to be using a standard k radiator in behind that cooler?? cause if so I can see you having the same problem, except maybe worse as you're overlapping the whole thing!!

just a word of warning with that cooler matt - I've found lately after putting my cooler in that the enigine seems to get hot very easy.

It took me a little while to put it down to the fact that the coller overlaps half of the radiator, hench reducing the flow of air through the radiator!!!

you would think that it would make that much difference, but I am sure that this is what is causing my overheating problems.

are you just going to be using a standard k radiator in behind that cooler?? cause if so I can see you having the same problem, except maybe worse as you're overlapping the whole thing!!

Hey man hows it goin, that cut out you see is actually the cutout for the radiator ,just so happens the cooler i got given fits in the same hole size.

I run a modified V8 commodore crossflow radiator,but i will keep your findings in the memory bank.

Engines going in this weekend. :(

Thanks.