Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Timing Chain Kit for K Series

Featured Replies

Hi Everyone !

Just interested to hear if anyone has purchased & fitted one of these timing chain kits, that are available here in Australia.

K Series Timing Chain Refurb Kit Complete

Seems very cheap, for a kit that has so many bits included ?

Cheers Banjo

Do 4K use the same kit? There's a gap between the ad part at the top saying it fits 4K, but the compatible engines don't list it.

Should be fine! Be the guinea pig!

 

  • Author

The D/Row refers to a double row chain. I don't think I ever seen a single row chain, on any of the numerous K series engines I've had over the years.  I'm not even sure if the crankshaft is a little shorter, for early K series engines, that only had a single row chain; & therefore; presumably a narrower crank sprocket.  No use asking A.I.  to find out; as He/She was not around in those early days !  According to Google AI, who I just asked to verify, it was the other way around. K series engines started off with double row timing chains. Toyota, then decided to use a single row chain; but as there was no difference to the length of the crankshaft; most of us, have upgraded to double row, since.  Please correct me, if I've assumed something here incorrectly.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Cheap you say huh?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/389704949650?_trkparms=itmf%3D1%26aid%3D1110018%26rkt%3D12%26asc%3D344081%26pid%3D101430%26mech%3D1%26algv%3DCompVIDesktopATF2V2AndXaiHotClickWithCompV6WithEbertNRTRecallCpcWithAlacarteCPCRecallAndFilter%26pmt%3D1%26amclksrc%3DITM%26sd%3D292327609434%26sid%3DAQALAAAAEJt9SDuD0kBHCh2BNa3lgGM%3D%26itm%3D389704949650%26noa%3D0%26plcampt%3D0%3A16832660016%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.COMPLISTINGS%26ao%3D1%26rk%3D6%26mehot%3Dnone%26lsid%3D15%26meid%3D9b71807af8f24aec8ee154706505cf35%26pg%3D2332490&_trksid=p2332490.c101430.m3021&itmprp=cksum%3A3897049496509b71807af8f24aec8ee154706505cf35%7Cenc%3AAQALAAABQHBuzzDjOogGgz7ltcXSbcflFR97mkZhEI7uT0xLlGCRHjPqTmabW6Cu4GzbI9cIYa2TGDaw1ClztF0VI3qnqKGug8UZHWwEONPYw786YRWAkEISZnhWp0NMRZfNMS%252FOJfkXUkKLAB%252F54XzZ3lYomQmlkd2C%252BL0kMnqewSBrgMqxElznYt1s1xwfXs13Y8w6lwPbmDZAS%252Fw6siCQ6j3z5F36nHdQxdMR1Ag2TS8fXEWxgzJenv7m1FFWm4klyZ2VQ71BlLTeypVEFt7JDmke670wim2d5HFht%252BecK1pBofLhantHvihzsLLBcB7mm5notTK%252F9XpmZ7ktA48hMNJghrAKJoySqPaBMzAuG4KGBOscJRpXE%252Fvx%252BNLV1Fpa9uThIxJmFX3dB3d4Q4pCYBGP%252FUb0zE2sp9K3Vt4eeM8O%252FZpz%7Campid%3APL_CLK%7Cclp%3A2332490&itmmeta=01M3CCJ1ABZ7TKZA541H58M557

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.