3k Starter Motor

Members dont see this ad

You should have one main power wire that comes from the battery (The big heavy wire) and one for the solenoid (only need 2 in total). Easy way to find out is get a piece of wire from the positive side of the battery and tap it and see if it cranks and throws the starter gear up.. You should be able to use a test light / multimeter to see which wire is the starter solenoid 12v wire.. (You may find it benneficial in the long run to install a relay for the starter solenoid too, as others have experienced a problem cranking K motors over without one).

• 6 months later...
Should only be one small wire for the solenoid..

Yep exactlly as medicine man says its a remote wire comes from ignition signal to throw starter, so easiest way is to chase it back through the car to ignition or i found with my ke-11 that the ke-20 gregory`s manual the wiring diagram near identical to my car so that is what i used as a guide.

If thats any help?

stu.

I plugged in the small wire to the solenoid, and connected the thick wire.

Seems to be starting fine.

Though, I'm not sure about the green wire. I traced it back and I think it connects to the positive side of the ignition coil. Things seem to be working OK without it. I also can't locate it in the wiring diagrams.

It must be a spare.