Various Ke70 Questions

Hey all, I'm a new member just wanting some help for my KE70.

:P

Firstly, does anybody know where to find a gregory's manual (or equivalent) for a 4k motor? I'm looking for something free ie online (as i am a stingy uni student and the point of buying a KE is bang for buck).

Secondly, is it bad to take out the load bearing leaf in the rear of my wagon? ie to do a dodgy lowering job, my mate has done this to his rodeo ute n it works, or will taking out a leaf make the rear dangerously weak?

Thirdly, is anybody in WA interested in selling a 4k or 5k motor of decent quality or even an unregistered ke-series (pref ke70) car, emphasis on cheap here!

Fourthly, does anybody know how to tune a 4k-c carby? ie what screws do what, as my car is gettin not the best fuel economy nor power and cheap (preferably free) fixes are welcomed.

Fithly I love my car, but it is not a show car, it is designed for reliable driving and the occasional thrash, that said i would like to know the best bang for buck mods i can do to my car, ie the best kW increase per dollar spent, if u would like to put it that way.

Any answers to the following questions will be greatly appreciated, when i graduate i would like to do a sik ke70 build up, something fun like a 4ag 20v or even a 13b conversion, but for now I'm stuck with my beast. :P

Cheers

Ed

Members dont see this ad
Firstly, does anybody know where to find a gregory's manual (or equivalent) for a 4k motor? I'm looking for something free ie online (as i am a stingy uni student and the point of buying a KE is bang for buck).

Buy one online. It'd be $25 tops and FAR easier to read a hard copy as opposed to an ebook

Secondly, is it bad to take out the load bearing leaf in the rear of my wagon? ie to do a dodgy lowering job, my mate has done this to his rodeo ute n it works, or will taking out a leaf make the rear dangerously weak?

don't f@$k around with the stuff that keeps you on the road. Do it properly or not at all...

Fourthly, does anybody know how to tune a 4k-c carby? ie what screws do what, as my car is gettin not the best fuel economy nor power and cheap (preferably free) fixes are welcomed.

Theyre virtually untuneable. You can but its a waste of time. Just get a webber and play with that. Even a webber thats not tuned properly is better :P

Fithly I love my car, but it is not a show car, it is designed for reliable driving and the occasional thrash, that said i would like to know the best bang for buck mods i can do to my car, ie the best kW increase per dollar spent, if u would like to put it that way.

Read the FAQ, there are plenty of ideas in there.

G'day mate, welcome to Rollaclub!

Flip the load bearing spring (ie to effectively make a circle with the leaves) and put it back on the car and put the weight on it. This will make the car bloody low, on its bump stops. Alternatively, you can flip either the two smallest (will put it on its bump stops) or smallest (half way, i guess).

Thirdly, is anybody in WA interested in selling a 4k or 5k motor of decent quality or even an unregistered ke-series (pref ke70) car, emphasis on cheap here!

Where are you in Perth, I know of a few people selling bits and pieces...

For the carby, theres a idle/mixture screw on it, by rights that and a good carby clean will get it to run alright. I don't know much else about carbys, thats as far as I can take you on that...

Interested in running a Gemini carby? I've got a few here that I am looking at getting rid of reasonable cheap, or if you have bits and pieces you wanna barter for them? Make offers :P Also I've been told of places that will do a full 2" exhaust system (from the headers back) with a sports muffler for $150-$200. My cousin got the quote for that on his Datto 720 ute, I'd imagine it would be around the same, if not cheaper, for a Corolla.

Anyway mate, good luck with your sick kesev build up :P, good to see another WA member :)

Dan.

Damn, irokin beat me to it :P

Oh yeah, about the manual... I bought one in Perth on eBay for six bucks about three months ago to suit KE20-early KE30. They aren't worth much, and a hard copy would be alot better than a ebook or shit like that. I think there is a guy on these forums that is looking at getting rid of a couple of manuals as well, I'll follow up on that (hes in Perth too btw)...

They fall out of there saddles as soon as you get a little bit of rise in your front end, by the looks of things you enjoy gravel roads :P, not suitable....

Buy some proper lowered springs for f@$ks sakes :P, I think they're only 100 bucks or something (fronts only)

Flip the load bearing spring (ie to effectively make a circle with the leaves) and put it back on the car and put the weight on it. This will make the car bloody low, on its bump stops. Alternatively, you can flip either the two smallest (will put it on its bump stops) or smallest (half way, i guess).

i did that this evenin, piss easy job, lowered the back by about 2 inches, with a person in the back it will be dumped, rear rim scraped against the brake line n so i have 2 replace that :lolcry: but otherwise it seems pretty cool

Cut spings falling out is a possability but never happened to me in 15 years. My first car had the springs cut so much that I didnt need a spring compressor to disassemble my struts :lolcry: Use cable ties to hold them in place......