Pure-SX

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TRD Hilux might be an easy one to write about?

So yeah, on the weekend the car was finished. However front sway bar didn't wanna go in. The exhaust is JUST in the way and there is no place for the D-Bushes to mount WTF? The email conversation I had with whiteline indicated that it would be fine to go on. (I ordered the swaybar kit for the AE82 that did not come with an OEM swaybar). I mean whiteline would not know about the exhaust but no mounting points for the D-Bushes? /sigh. Will have to talk to L&S to see what they can recommend...

Apart from that I am pleased with the Corolla at the moment, its quite a suprise how much a new set of shocks/springs can do. The biggest suprise is how much difference the thicker rear swaybar made. The swaybar is probably the best bang for buck upgrade for the Corolla thus far. Best $170 I have ever spent in my honest opinion.

So all that is left to be done with the Corollas suspension is a 4 wheel allignment (probably happen this Saturday) and talk to L&S about what option I have with the front swaybar.

Next in line is probably get the thing repainted. Just got to think of a colour...

have you's seen the new 200 series landcrusiers omg there one hot 4wd

twin turbo incooled diesel v8 mmmmmmm 650 nm tork owww yeahhh

I've driven one. They are exceedingly quiet and smooth! But $69,990 for the basic model? And to get a diesel, it's $79,990!

TRD Hilux might be an easy one to write about?

So yeah, on the weekend the car was finished. However front sway bar didn't wanna go in. The exhaust is JUST in the way and there is no place for the D-Bushes to mount WTF? The email conversation I had with whiteline indicated that it would be fine to go on. (I ordered the swaybar kit for the AE82 that did not come with an OEM swaybar). I mean whiteline would not know about the exhaust but no mounting points for the D-Bushes? /sigh. Will have to talk to L&S to see what they can recommend...

Apart from that I am pleased with the Corolla at the moment, its quite a suprise how much a new set of shocks/springs can do. The biggest suprise is how much difference the thicker rear swaybar made. The swaybar is probably the best bang for buck upgrade for the Corolla thus far. Best $170 I have ever spent in my honest opinion.

So all that is left to be done with the Corollas suspension is a 4 wheel allignment (probably happen this Saturday) and talk to L&S about what option I have with the front swaybar.

Next in line is probably get the thing repainted. Just got to think of a colour...

Good to hear the upgrades have gone well. Don't know what the issue would be with the front swaybar though... :jamie:

You've made a VERY good move getting this work done, and I hope you enjoy the improvements.

I take it when you get the car repainted you'll get the front bar fitted at the same time?

As to writing about the TRD Hilux, there's not much point becauses there's so little info out there about them, specifically power outputs. Thanks for the suggestion though, and I'm sure I'll use it closer to its release.

Seized slave cycl on the 7 so spray supper inox in there this stuff works like crazy ay

ne way let it sit then try force the piston back in, ZZZOOOPPPPP goes in forces all the fluids out the bleeder hole (had taken the bleeder nipple out) woosh in my eye instant burn, under the tap for 20min, it bloody hurts

ZOMG LIKE DID IT HURT? OMG LIKE BLONDE MOMENT EH ROFL HAHA!!!

/sigh

I am tired.

I am very dissapointed about the front swaybar, but I am sure L&S will be able to think of something lol.

I will try brain storm a few ideas ok. Anything to do with Toyota eh?

I could do the same, but I doubt I have a drill bit big enough/strong enough lol.

But Adam I will be getting the lip/side-skirts fitted as well as another stocker rear bumper. (My current rear bumper is rooted). I just need to get the rear bumper cleaned up a little and visit a plastic welder.

Just need to decide on colour? Any ideas?

Something that is a bit stronger than cream. It's just too boring! (Sorry).

A nice red or blue would be good. Or a gloss black.

You could also make it really stand out with a purple or a green.

Probably not a yellow or silver - you want to stand out a bit.