Best Clutch For Race Ke10?

Brendo

I blew my gear box shifting from 2nd to 3rd basically cause the clutch is 4 puck ceramic and its too harsh for the old 4 speed, it has a heavy duty pressure plate as well.

I found about 4 clutches in my spares i will post pics up of what i got and anyone that has any ideas let me know....

I just basically want it to be less bitey maybe a little slip too, what clutch plate would be ideal?

cheers

Brendan :lock:

Edited by Brendo

Members dont see this ad

I used a 3 puck ceramic with a sprung centre. Unfortunately, with decent horses, something is always going to go somewhere. Mine used to let go third about once a year. If you toughen the box, axles will let go. bigger axles, diffs. better diff, back to gearbox. Repeat.

If you go backwards in clutch you'll lose hp at the wheels. What hp do you have at the wheels?

post-33-1156841671_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redwarf

dude do you really have a 3k that is making 135bhp? if so that is just nuts

yes this motor does have that much power and shows it to, have been on the track with this car and you wouldnt think it has a 3k in it, but once your motor gets this big in the bores i don't really think its just a 3k anymore, maybee its a super 3k :lock:

I'm suprised the k40 still stands up to the punishment

cheers james

Edited by jamesrolla

You're going backwards, and your times will suffer.

Try and get a ceramic with a sprung centre. A standard clutch after you've had a decent one will feel woeful. Unfortunately, as I said before, with Hp, it's time to upgrade stuff, which gets to be a never ending cycle.

Change the box. There cheaper than clutches, and easier to change.

If it's only a toy, I'd stick with the grunter clutch.

R