September 5, 200620 yr comment_138947 Problem: Me and a mate were having a little trouble with his Bigport 4AGE running a JDM AE86 computer, it just wouldn't rev real well, had huge power troubles, which I thought could be speed sensor related. Solution: Wire a flasher unit into a relay that switches ground and feeds the speed sensor signal on the ecu. ;) It gives about 3-4 pulses a second. Works great! The relay will probably fry after a while, but you'll know when the motor has given up it's rev happy attitude. He's gonna put the flasher on a toggle switch so you can get a little more life out of the setup. One day I might build a digital solution to this problem. I'll let you know how long it lasts. Report
September 5, 200620 yr comment_138957 That is a very cool idea ;) . I think the relay may last longer than you think. At work we put a fluro starter in series with 240v to a red light as a halfarsed flasher setup. It took well over 2years for the contacts to burnout, and the thing was on constantly. I recon the relay will live, its only 12volts!!!! :y: Report
September 5, 200620 yr comment_139072 Wow...needs the speed sensor. I disconnected the one in my silvia and the ECU hasnt complained yet. Cheap speed cut defender ;) Report
September 5, 200620 yr comment_139081 I've heard of people putting reed switches on the tailshaft i think to overcome this problem.. Report
September 6, 200620 yr Author comment_139090 Yeah that works too, but then the speed limiter will work, who wants that ;) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now