4e-f Engine, K50 Gearbox

Trufauru

Hi everybody, I'm Sebastian from San Jose - Uruguay, and I'm just about to buy my first car a ke70.

I been reading the forums all over but i can't found the answer to my question, the corolla that I'm buying,

has the 4K engine resting in the back completly dismanteled. I can find for free a 4E-F engine but no T50 gearbox

so I was wandering if de 4E could be mounted easily with the K50 gearbox.

Sorry for the bad English, i wait for your answer ;)

Members dont see this ad
Hi everybody, I'm Sebastian from San Jose - Uruguay, and I'm just about to buy my first car a ke70.

I been reading the forums all over but i can't found the answer to my question, the corolla that I'm buying,

has the 4K engine resting in the back completly dismanteled. I can find for free a 4E-F engine but no T50 gearbox

so I was wandering if de 4E could be mounted easily with the K50 gearbox.

Sorry for the bad English, i wait for your answer ;)

Welcome to RollaClub Trufauru/Sebastian, on't worry about your English, it seems fine to me, and most of the people here are very open and supportive

I'm not sure that the E-series engines even came out in RWD format, so the first hassle would be simply making up engine mounts/crossmembers etc. Then you'd have to track down an E-K bellhousing (if such a thing exists, and if E-series engines weren't used as RWD then I doubt they would exist)

OK,:P, my first post, my first mistake, the engine that i can put in the rolla for free is an 4A-F not a 4E-F, oooops.

I read the FAQ and i can't find info on a bellhousing form A to K, there are A->T or A->W but no A->K

:P I just found this on wikipedia, but i don't know if its correct, here it go:

K50

Ratios:

First Gear: 3.789:1

Second Gear: 2.220:1

Third Gear: 1.435:1

Fourth Gear: 1.00:1

Fifth Gear: 0.865:1

Applications:

- All 5-speed Starlets and Corollas with K-series engines,

- 1986 Corolla with 3A-U and 4A-U engines

My thiking is, if the K50 came with the 3A-U and the 4A-U , its very posible to fit also the 4A-F, or there is a big difference beetwen these

• 4 months later...