Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Microtech Ltx-8 Install On A Bigport 4age

Featured Replies

I don't know where to post this to make it a useful reference, so here it is.

 

Earlier today a mate and I got his bigport running properly on a LTX-8 running wasted spark. I'd tried for ages to find a cheap CAS, but they're very over priced. If you order the wrong microtech for a bigport they'll charge you $300 to make it run on a single coil too!

 

Solution:

 

All I did was remove 3 of the 4 prongs on the top "home" wheel with a grinder! I've heard of people doing it, so I thought it was worth a try. After this mod, we still had no spark, but it'd try a little to fire, I figured it was a weak signal. Bigport dizzies have only 3 wires on the plug, so to get it to work properly I cut the shared common ground wired between the two pickups and wired them separately to the microtech harness. Away the camy little bigport went, the first time I've ever seen it idle without a foot on a the pedal :P

 

Hope this makes it to the people who need it.

Edited by beerhead

are you using the shield on the microtech pickup wiring as a common earth for the CAS pickups?

 

You should'nt have had to do that with the pickups, so it sounds like the mistake i did on my first 4age install.

 

If so DON'T it is not the correct way to do it, this will cause rough idle, missfires and basic bad running.

 

I can't remember the wire (I think its light blue), is used as the common. But the funny thing is it goes back to the ground and the shield at the ECU.

 

Don't earth the shield at the motor either is should just be just left with some heat shrink over it or tape.

  • Author

Nah, not using the sheild as a ground, just alloying all 4 wires on the microtech ecu to be wired to the 2 sets of 2 wires in the dizzy. Doing this should allow for less noise in the signal, so I've been told.

  • 2 years later...

Just to bump and old thread with a quick question.

 

Why should the shield not be earthed? It shouldnt be on either end?

 

ECU or dizzy/cas end.

 

Thanks.

Adam

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.