Ebay Ke10, Progress Pics Now Up !!!

Gavclassic

What are the plans for it Gav?

Don't know as yet, i only bought it because earlie series KE10's with the rubber floor mats in manual are hard to come by, especially one in a factory metalic colour. This was the the last KE10 Corolla i bought and the most expensive!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gav,

Just curious about the colour, is it original ? Reason I ask i bought a new KE10 in 1969 off Bill Buckle Toyota Brookvale which was a similar blue but lighter and metallic with light beige trim. Didn,t think there was another shade of Blue available then. Mine was known as a Bill Buckle Corolla S came with widened wheels 1 1/2" lowering job (blocks) ported head extractors and some carby work 2K 1066 all from the dealer. Was an absolute beast for its day used to leave old slant 6 Valiants in its wake.

With your group Nc aspirations to will find the regs will allow 13" wheels +40thou bore, pretty much open head mods and upto twin 45mm webers and KE15/17/20 discs up front. open slather on the suspension as long as transverse leaf spring is retained up front.

Cheers Majordad

Gav,

Just curious about the colour, is it original ? Reason I ask i bought a new KE10 in 1969 off Bill Buckle Toyota Brookvale which was a similar blue but lighter and metallic with light beige trim. Didn,t think there was another shade of Blue available then. Mine was known as a Bill Buckle Corolla S came with widened wheels 1 1/2" lowering job (blocks) ported head extractors and some carby work 2K 1066 all from the dealer. Was an absolute beast for its day used to leave old slant 6 Valiants in its wake.

With your group Nc aspirations to will find the regs will allow 13" wheels +40thou bore, pretty much open head mods and upto twin 45mm webers and KE15/17/20 discs up front. open slather on the suspension as long as transverse leaf spring is retained up front.

Cheers Majordad

I'm sure this is the same colour,though this is a 68 model, looks a little darker in the pics and yes its a factory metallic finish. I know a couple of people who bought a Bill Buckle Corolla S. This car would be a great base for a Nc car but for now i'll keep Supersprinting my KE17 SL Sprinter ( the red one ).

Was an absolute beast for its day used to leave old slant 6 Valiants in its wake.

I'm Impressed your Old corolla must have been quite rapid in its day.My AP5 Slant 6 Torque flite auto Lays rubber off the line and chirps 2nd gear(single wheeler Diff but stock engine).When Bob young and Max stewert (Gold star Champion and Toyota/Triumph dealer in Orange n.s.w) raced the ke10 at bathurst in 67/68 the slant 6 valiants blew them away every where except down through the esses at Bathurst. :lolcry: