Ke 55 - 3tgte Turbo Conversion

hornby88

HEY GUYS

new member here

i been currently finishing a project in the garage at home i thought id share my conversion

its got a 3tgte in it, TA22 5 speed box, vk commo rear diff and a disc brake upgrade at the front. I'm currently 80% finished still havin to change over master cyl coz the corolla used to b auto, make a exhaust up apart from dump i got and install a intercooler and BOV and finish minor wiring.

ill post pics wen i finish

hav many people don't this conversion b4?

i kno its a ancient motor but i thought hay something diff

Members dont see this ad

thats the one

i finished all fuel system off and installed surge tank aswell wif better fuel lines. done brakes. but yeh i was quite impressed may go alright but meh who knows its old engine haha. i got rx7 series 5 cooler here I'm gonna weld up to suit oh and i fiished all wiring now the harness i had wif it was chopped n hacked big time aye but it wasnt too mcuh of nigthmare. i moved battery into boot aswell. its shapin up nicely will b gettin round penriff very soon

Edited by hornby88

thats the one

i finished all fuel system off and installed surge tank aswell wif better fuel lines. done brakes. but yeh i was quite impressed may go alright but meh who knows its old engine haha. i got rx7 series 5 cooler here I'm gonna weld up to suit oh and i fiished all wiring now the harness i had wif it was chopped n hacked big time aye but it wasnt too mcuh of nigthmare. i moved battery into boot aswell. its shapin up nicely will b gettin round penriff very soon

Sounds good. It may be an old engine but it still goes well. Good luck wth it.

yes its been done before, and yes they go well.

I know one roll (KE55?) with a 3t that ran 11.6 on slicks (196rwkw @20psi) and another that ran 12.6 in full street trim (181rwkr @18psi).

In fact i just bought the driveline out of the second one :dance:

EDIT; the yellow one has now run an 11.3

Edited by kugzs

• 3 weeks later...