Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3k Head To 4k-c

Featured Replies

First up I may as well introduce myself... Ah my name's Rod for all the difference it makes on forums... I have a 1981 Ke70 CSX with a 4K-C. Its got dished mags and a sunroof, its been resprayed bright blue. I'll get some photos of it ASAP like when I get a camera.

 

I also have a KE20 with a 3K and I've heard about how the 3K head has higher compression and can bolt straight on to a 4K. The KE20 is unreg and blows heaps of smoke. I want to put the 3K head on my 4K-C, is it easy? How do I do it? Do i have to bore any of the valves or anything like that or can I just chuck it straight on? Can I then put the head from the 4K-C onto the 3K block in the KE20 just for the sake of it running so I can sell it?

 

Anyone? :P

 

 

oh yeah p.s. this forum is the goodest bestest ever thing to be :D

  • Author

Oh yeah by the way... you know how I have a 1981 CSX... this makes no sense considering they only made CSX from 1983. Is this true? Is there any way I can tell? From what I've heard CSX's are the only ones that come with say... a vanity mirror and a tacho. I have both. Hooray for working tacho, rock on. It was definately made in 1981, it says so on the plate in the engine bay. Does anyone reckon anything?

 

 

:D

Will fit straight on. They use the same headgasket etc (but buy a new headgasket.....). You _might_ have to swap the thermostat housings over on the heads but that should be a hassle. I can't remember which pushrods to use but I would be heading towards 4K pushrods.

 

Re CSX you may be interested in this thread http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1389

1980-1983 = Ke70 Early edition front end; SE, CS and XX

1983-1984 = Ke70& Ae71 Late edition front end; S, CS and CSX

 

:D

Edited by Teddy

  • Author

Awesome, cheers, I'll update with how I go on the heads! :D

 

As for whether its a CSX, I'd say it is, it has all the stuff in that CSX definition guide except I dunno where the interior boot release is. and it does have CSX badging. I guess its for real. Suncorp insurance have CSX's (XX) recorded as only starting in 1983 but they must just suck at being right.

import :D

 

use 4k pushrods, as the block is taller on a 4k

  • Author

Woah its superjamie. I've read a lot of your stuff dude. Good stuff. I can't thank you enough for all of the info. :greenbounce: cheers

hey man, glad you find the faq useful, i might even update it one day :greenbounce: rollaclub is a good base of knowledge too, especially in relation to the later model boxy rwd corollas. enjoy your stay and good luck with the head swap

 

where abouts are you?

  • Author

Yeah we'll see with the head swap. Initially I wanted to not do anything to the KE70 and save the money for a better car, but then I realised I already have an upgrade for it sitting in my backyard (3K head). Now I'm researching whole engine swaps since I heard about the AE86 transplanting and its relative ease (sorta), but honestly I doubt it will go ahead. The KE20 is sitting looking like a hot little 70's car as well, maybe I could do an engine swap into that instead. We'll see, at the moment I'll sit tight with researching. Gonna do something.

 

I'm in Queeeeeeeeeeensland where I can't get away with much more than a seat cover in terms of mods :sad:

  • Author

I'm in Queeeeeeeeeeensland where I can't get away with much more than a seat cover in terms of mods  :sad:

You just don't know the right people.....

So if I knew the right people I could get like a dodgy engineer to go yes I will approve your quad rotor ke10 with no brake upgrade in fact take the brakes out?

  • Author
QLD is the modification state :greenbounce: I want that on my numberplate!

 

The biggest tradeoff is insurance!

Yeah but stuff insurance, I've decided to not bother with comprehensive. If you go with just fire theft and thirty party, its a few hundred bucks max annualy which works out to like less than a dollar a day, so I don't really mind paying 50 or 100 extra dollars for a modded car to be insured. I guess I just hope nothing really f@$king random and gay happens. Like Mardhi Gras.

 

ah scratch that last bit

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.