My Ke36 Wagon

sam k

Hey everyone just got this corolla Wagon for $500. I reckon its pretty good, nice body, and it goes good.

I am putting a set of wheels on it with some sticky yokohama advans.

Will also be doing a custom twin front shock set up which works awesome, and it should go around like its on rails.

also will be lowering the front and rear so it looks good but still steers well

As for the engine probaly will build up a 4k, or put a 18RG with twin carbys on it. but fuel isn't getting cheaper.

post-4678-1215656234_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the comments.

I'm down in Tas

there a toyota wheel not sure what type but i got them of a celica a while ago there a 13" rim.

ill get some picks up after the weekend because ill be putting on the wheels on saturday.

cheers sam

thanks for the comments.

I'm down in Tas

there a toyota wheel not sure what type but i got them of a celica a while ago there a 13" rim.

ill get some picks up after the weekend because ill be putting on the wheels on saturday.

cheers sam

Where abouts in Tas are u mate? Clean looking car :P

Ok basilcly what I'm doing is keeping the same standered strut in there.

but I'm using a short little gas shock like the shock in the pic.

what you do is attach the bottom of the shock to the control arm, by bolting it on, not welding, and the circle bit on the bottom of the shock will slide over a metal rod, which is attached to the control arm.

It can still have plenty of movement. with the top of the shock ill use a peice of angle steel like 90 degreas angle and weld that onto the the inside part of the wheel arch. once that is on you just bolt the top of the shock to the angle iron.

hope that makes sence.

The shocks that I'm using are old monroe GT gas, there really hard up and soft down, which i think is the best for a shock, my dad did this same mod to a galant a while ago and he said that it made it handle awesome, it didn't understeer, and was really nice around corners. its a really good mod and will cost me nothing.

ill put some pics up when I'm doing it so it will make more sence.

cheers Sam

post-4678-1215744850.jpg

well i picked the shocks up for free, and its giving a twin damping effect.

the ford rs2000 rally car features twin shocks on the front and rear,

one with a spring and the other without.

I know i could get a good insert but, i thought i might as well try something new.

it will be more controlled i think because it just like a little back up for the main strut.

and it will be controlling it.