May 22, 200620 yr comment_118863 What it looked like when I bought it... And now... Since purchase I have... -Installed Pineer MP3 / WMA deck -JVC 4 Channel Amp -Pioneer 6" splits, woofers in custom box and tweeters on 'A' pillars -JL Audio 6x9 3 ways mounted on 19mm custom shelf -Hand stripped and polished 14" rims -Removed some badges and crappy black stripes from side of body and boot -Bought AE86 seats (to be installed as soon as a mate finishes using them for RWC checks) -Bought 4A-GE bigport genII (7 rib block) in need of re-build -Rust repairs, wheel bearings, some bushes and all the usual crap that was needed to get it on the road as i originally bought it as an unregistered car. Edited November 8, 200619 yr by Paul Report
May 22, 200620 yr Author comment_118882 If you need measurements I'm happy to take them before I cover the box. It's quite a tight fit and this is box my third one, and I'm happy now Edited May 22, 200620 yr by Paul Report
May 22, 200620 yr comment_118885 Very creativ of the speaker placement, never thought of that but u need to put some protective layer for the membran :) if someone accidently kick ... Report
May 22, 200620 yr Author comment_118897 Yeah r47107, Will put the grills on after i cover the box. Just don't wanna put them on before I have to remove the speakers as I don't wanna bend / damage trying to remove... Report
May 24, 200620 yr Author comment_119267 Other plans for the car... -Some sort of suspension upgrade, whether it be just springs and shocks or corona struts and brakes upgrade also (more research to be done) -Re-build the 4A-GE with a head port & polish, 256 degree cams, custom extractors (length and specs yet to be decided, more research to be done) convert to RWD, install with haltech computer (as a start) Once all the car is setup as I want it engine/driveline and suspension wise, I will purchase another shell (probably flat front early KE70 or something from overseas) and do a full re-build on the shell. All work done to the car so far bolts into original thread / hole locations so everything is simpler down the track. Report
May 24, 200620 yr comment_119291 Lookin great mate :D You have clearly put alot of hard work and effort into this project so far...feels good doesn't it :D Keep us updated...and love the pics..keep em coming :lmao: Report
May 24, 200620 yr Author comment_119293 Thanks heaps for the feedback guys, and yes very satisfying to do work on your own car especially when all has been done on student budget so far. Apprenticeship hunting now and looking forward to pouring some money into the GE. Report
May 24, 200620 yr comment_119295 :lmao: Student budget...damn dude. That is especially nice for a student budget....Can't wait to see the little beast when you can pour some big money into it hehe Report
May 24, 200620 yr Author comment_119297 Photoshop mods just to give you a bit of an idea... Don't know whether it'd be better off buying a pair of pano doors locally and doing the conversion myself or importing a coupe. Note: either way I still will have to get it engineered as i'm going to lean the c pillars and rear screen forward. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now