Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lowering Ke20 (front)

Featured Replies

Hello guys,

Just after some advice on lowering the front of my KE20. I want to lower it at least 2 inches, and I'm aware you can't buy actual Corolla ones that will do that. My brothers both lowered their KE30s with King springs for a Laser (KRML-23 I think the part was). Do these same springs fit a KE20 or no, and if not what are some of my other options? Thanks in advance.

Angle grinder :)

 

or Custom springs

  • Author

Oh and should have specified, I'd rather not use an angle grinder, even though I don't have much money to throw around :)

Front Spring Low

2222 Sports Ryder Coil Spring

 

I think this is for a KE20 what year is it?

  • Author

'73 Model. I've noticed those sports ryders as well, but I'm pretty certain they are only maybe an inch lower.

Edited by CryptOrchid

The cheapest, easiest and probably safest way to do it (failing buying pre-made springs) is getting the original springs re-set by a suspension specialist - it's the best way to gaurantee you get the height you want too.

Angle grinder is cheap but if you want handling and safety i woulnd't go there....

Alternatively, try other brands of spring (K-Mac, KING SPRINGS, Pedders etc).

  • Author

So does anyone know whether the Kings superlow rear laser springs fit KE20s as well as KE30s?

So does anyone know whether the Kings superlow rear laser springs fit KE20s as well as KE30s?

 

This is some info Suerjamie once gave me.

ke30 and 55 have same diam coils (big)

ke20 and 25 and 70 have same diam coils (small)

 

 

So that would suggest that KE30's and KE20's have different Diameter coils. So if Laser springs fit in a KE30, they most probably wont fit a KE20.

A quick search of the major spring brands found this:

 

Lovells

10/70-10/74 KE20-26 Sdn/Wgn

Super Low TFL-29SLA =45-65mm Lower

Low TFL-29A =25-40mm Lower

 

King Springs

70-74 COROLLA KE 20-26

Low KTFL-28 =30mm Lower

Adjustable coil-over conversion.... :)

 

 

Oh and should have specified, I'd rather not use an angle grinder, even though I don't have much money to throw around :D
  • Author
A quick search of the major spring brands found this:

 

Lovells

10/70-10/74 KE20-26 Sdn/Wgn

Super Low TFL-29SLA =45-65mm Lower

Low TFL-29A =25-40mm Lower

 

King Springs

70-74 COROLLA KE 20-26

Low KTFL-28 =30mm Lower

 

Thanks, I'll look into those ^^

Ebay

 

I bought my Lovells Super Low springs from this bloke. You just tell him what model car you have, and he orders the parts in for you. $105/pair is $45 cheaper than the Lovells Distributor. He is more than willing to post and is very pleasant bloke to deal with.

 

KYB

 

He also is able to do great deals on KYB shock absorber packages. I bought a complete set for my car.

Its a fair price, considering Pedders quoted me $700 for their comfort gas range.

Edited by kangaroosa

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.