Stickers (graphics) For Cars

demuire

PICT0009-vi.jpg

PICT0010-vi.jpg

Would you believe this car is actually silver? As in, it's a silver car, with stickers on it. Printed stickers at that. So not overlaid or anything like that, one sticker per panel. If I'm not mistaken it's a $4000 sticker wrap job (design + implementation)...

Wow.

Edited by demuire

Members dont see this ad

I could see if the car wasnt clean enough give it a year or so and all the stickers you could watch them slowly peel off while driving down the M1 to the gold coast..lol

But with these whole wrap things how is the sun damage on them?

As from stickers I have see that are out in the sun all the time eg bumper stickers. They dry out crack adn go crummy. So are these wraps a sun resistant material or just a cheap 5 year fix to cover rust for a while till they dry crak and fall off?

Also I wonder hoe engine temp affects them. As a guy I know has a sticker on his botten designed for a car. ANd it went poo brown from heat so makes you wonder about the life of the stickers in general.

But still willing to donate car ..lol

Cameron

The sticker material used on the car above wasn't like the usual vinyl I've seen previously used on other stickers, it's got a sort of "texture" to it. You can sort of see it a little in this picture:

PICT0030-vi.jpg

It's also a lot thicker than most stickers I've seen previously.

In the case of the car above I think the reason they did a wrap instead of painting the car is that it's a hire car, so it gets a different design just about every race (depending on sponsor). Would really suck if it had to be repainted that often!

Just looking at the work car after Nick said most rented cars are done like this and noticed the Dominos pizza echo's have these wraps.

We have and echo that if you pop the bonnet you can see it is a white car but the whole exterior of the car is blue and red.

But a big problem with the wrap I could see is also moving joints. As they also used the wrap on the back window of the echo and when ever you use the rear window wiper it peals a bit of the wrap up and makes horrible sounds. So most of the crappy rear window wrap is gone. So on a car if it happened to get in the way I can see it lasting a month or few at the most as on the echo it lasted 2 months only.

Cameron

;) Spelling fairy says: T H E