Jamboree

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be an interesting pulley setup, the engine would be spinning so fast at max power you wouldnt want to get the blower out of its efficiency range or strip the screws or anything

i think a supercharged rotary would be the shit. a 13b has more torque than a 2.6 astron motor and even they're pretty f@$king gutsy. a supercharger would make it climb a vertical wall! you can get blower kits for series 4/5 motors for about $2700. no jamie, loan applications are bad. BAD I SAY!!!

jamie wants a rotor

rotors schmotors.

hehe, had a very confused series 1/2/3? rx7 driver in front of me on the way out to fernvale today. on the long overtaking lane on the way up the hill just after the brisbane valley highway turnoff this guy was in front and floored it up the hill, with me right behind. would have got up to 150 km going up the hill past several new commodores and other cars. he gained a little not much, which isn't to bad considering i had my missus, 3 kids and gear on board, he was by himself.

once past the overtaking lane the idiot slowed down and would repeatedly floor it, trying to bait me, but i wasn't interested considering my cargo. we caught more cars before the second overtaking lane and i was right on him when he pulled out to pass, he couldn't pull any more than a few meters from 100 - 160 which was pretty cool. once past the overtaking lanes i just cruised it and let him go. he caught traffic. as we came into fernvale he pulled over and jumped in behind me, trying to work out what my car was. pulled off at the markets. was pretty funny, considering my car felt off and was running a bit hot.

when i got home i put the timing light on mine, 15 degs advance. the dizzy holdown bolt was a bit loose. reset it to 10 degs, and it goes so much better. the rx7 dude would be in trouble now if i caught up to him again. amazing what justa little old ke15 with a 4k can do. :)