Trd Lsd

for all of you gagging to get your hands on a NEW GENUINE TRD LSD for your ae86:

can do for $1260nz at this stage looking at being $1300nz delivered. just have to confirm that postage insurance will cover the cost of replacment if the lose them!

can also do other models such as ae82 ae101 etc etc

price can vary but count on $1300-1400 deliverd for most models

email me to place orders!! (will need to know model and frames, there is a change in ae86 rearends)

[email protected]

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good price, a bit much for me at the moment though (have to pay for airfares to Malaysia and the US, have to buy a new camera...). Will have to see how much I can get a 2nd hand one maybe...

As for the AE86 rear ends, there should be 2 different ones. Generally here in Oz it would be the earlier one (T18's, xA2x Celicas came with the earlier T-series diff with the smaller axles). Besides, the later model (with bigger axles) only came out for a very short period of time even in Japan.

yeah thats correct except the change is pretty much in the middle of the production run...

early axles go from 8305 to 8505 with drum brakes

or 8305 to 8510 with discs

late ones go from 8305 to 8704 all have discs

thats info for the jdm models

according to my info all 4age ae86s sold in oz will have disc rears the 4a and 4ac will have drums.

but i understand oz new ae86s are extremly rare?

either way if i can get the model and frame numbers i can double check we get the correct one :)

my infos from the toyota epc :)

i understood oz got a few ae86s with 4ages (like 100) but they wernt something anyone could buy. but i may be wrong there...

and yes it was only 4age ones that got the discs

the problem i have at times is 't' series and 's' series more often than not means nothing to toyota... the epc doesnt say anything about them

if it wasnt for my own knowledge id be stuffed at times!

True... Well if it helps at all the S-series has a 6.38" crownwheel, and according to Helene & Matti came in:

Corolla TE21,27,28 (some) 71-74

Corolla TE31,37,38,71,72,75 75-82

Corolla AE71,72 83

Tercel AL10 80

And the T-series is 6.7", came in:

Celica ALL 71-85 (RWD)

Corona RT85,95,104,114,105,115,119,134,32,34,36 72-82

Corolla TE37,51 75-79

Corolla TE27 (some) 74

Corolla AE86 83-87 (?)

Although how accurate that info is I don't know... After all Australia seems to have gotten a good mish-mosh of cars...

cool

to be honest 99% of those are so old we never get asked for parts for them! let alone sell any!

but after all that, there are 2 sizes of ae86 axleshaft , thats what i need the model and frame numbers for when ordering.. to ensure i send the correct one...

i don't wanna sell any one a $1300 diff they can't use!!

Hehe... I know what you mean :) Only problem is that chances are no one here will have an AE86 with it's original T-series diff, so giving you the model and/or frame numbers won't mean anything to you... I would hazard a guess that the people chasing an LSD here would either have gotten an import diff (out of an AE86 possibly) or is adapting one from another donor car such as an RA28 Celica (as I am doing).

The 2 sizes for the AE86 axleshaft, the earlier one is the small axle, the later one is the big axle. Here in OZ, AFAIK we only have the small axle, so we will be wanting the earlier one of the two (unless someone's imported a big axle diff)

i don't see how they can do that.... thats very very cheap!

please note the price i quoted was in nz so will be a little cheaper in oz dollars...

i see hes doing a bulk buy... IF thats true then whoever hes getting them off is making about $5!

i can approach toyota and see if they will better there price, but id need a confirmed order of several.

might pay to keep an eye on that thread.... see if its real

I don't know how he's getting that sort of price as well, would be interesting to see if it actually eventuates. I'd be guessing the fact that he's apparently buying 10 would have a lot to do with how much he's getting them for...

At the current exchange rate NZ1300 = AUD1185, which is as far as I can tell a fairly good price (that's how much I know a few of my friends have gotten, with most import places advertising about AUD1500)