Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 5 Speed Install Trouble Help Needed!!!

Featured Replies

Hi,

Well me and des attacked my car today an in 3 hourse we had my old 3K and 4 speed box out andthe new 4K and 5 speed in :wink: But the gear box has no cross member on it and well the jack is currently holding it up.

 

So problem is put crosmember in adn the gear box mount for rubber is about 2mm futher back if not more (will try for pic tomorrow). So How have other people done the swap in a KE30 toa K50 from a KE70? As by the looks even redrilling the gear box cross member to fit the K50 mount blocks it still wont fit int eh car as box mount futher back so help wanted?

 

So if anyone has advice on mounting or pictures be apprecated.

 

Thanks

Cameron

i had the same trouble yesterday when i put a hi cam 4k and 4 speed out of a ke70 in my ke 30 2 door so i just redrilled my auto crossmember the 2 centre holes only and used my one piece automatic tailshaft instead of the 2 piece ke70 one that come with the spare parts ke70 that i used for the conversion everything fits with redrilling the crossmember the only thing i have to buy is a pedal box as no amount of modifications would make the ke70 one fit my ke30.

What are you changing the pedal box for?

 

And yes the 5 speed wont line up if its a KE70 one.

 

KE30/55 5 Speed fits. I'm not sure if you can change the extension housing over from the KE30/55 5 Speed to the KE70 one or not.

  • Author

WHAT...*&^%&^(*&)*%^

 

So a KE70 one even if I re-drill my cross member wont fit into a KE30..Havent other members done it as the FAQ how to article has a KE70 box gong into a KE20 fine so thougha KE30 would be easier. BUGGER.

That means I have to remove my gear box tomorrow? AGAIN.. need info on this fast as need car going again..

 

Might betime for soem custom brackets to go in to make this thing bolt to cross member. Anyone know how thick the steel bar should be to mount this?

 

Cameron

  • Author

RAVEN...you had me worried..Ill drill my only KE30 member tomorrow and bolt 70box mount on and might just resize holes ot squeeze bolts in etc make fit good at making custom metal bits. So ill give it a go. Just hope DOT doesnt look under car when I do change of engine number part..lol Might put my 4 speed gear nob on boz help cover up a bit..lol

 

Cameron

What are you changing the pedal box for?

 

And yes the 5 speed wont line up if its a KE70 one.

 

KE30/55 5 Speed fits. I'm not sure if you can change the extension housing over from the KE30/55 5 Speed to the KE70 one or not.

my ke30 was originally an auto so i have to change the pedal box

The speedo drive screwed right in with no worries, all that was needed to do was the hole in the floor moved back 70mm or so and the Gearbox crossmember redrilled and that was it for cutting and drilling. :wink: :)

  • Author

Hi,

Yes did more looking todaya nd eventualy got my cross member to line up with the gear box mount. As I had to drill the holes off centre on the cross member and use a bottle jack to get the box in the right place. But I found if I drilled the cross member in line with the old holes for KE30 K40 box the mount was 22mm out... So below is a pic of where the mount has to sit on the cross member to make it fit onto the gear box. This was taken just before drilling the holes.

 

post-1811-1164074840_thumb.jpg

 

Also I Have just decided to cut my floor. I wanted a old 55 5speed so no hole was needed but I though bugger it if I need to go back ot the old box well ill weld the plate back in that I cut out. But now with the gear stick futher back I can use my front part of a KE70 dash I have to hold my CD player and change :wink:

 

Cameron

  • Author

Also with the spedo drive it does fit. At first I didnt think it would but a bit of playing and turning it to get it to the right spot if slotted straight in. Also I have the same ratio Diff in my KE30 that the KE70 did where the 5 speed came from so it should be the same gear inside the box so speedo should still be right. But ill test it to see how good it still is.

 

Cameron

Also with the spedo drive it does fit. At first I didnt think it would but a bit of playing and turning it to get it to the right spot if slotted straight in.

Cameron

 

yeah but have you driven the car? mine 'slotted straight in' but never worked...

  • Author

Car should be driveable tonight just left to do is wait for paint to dry then ill test it on the road next to a car.

 

Cameron

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.