Ke30 5 Speed Install Trouble Help Needed!!!

camerondownunder88

Hi,

Well me and des attacked my car today an in 3 hourse we had my old 3K and 4 speed box out andthe new 4K and 5 speed in :wink: But the gear box has no cross member on it and well the jack is currently holding it up.

So problem is put crosmember in adn the gear box mount for rubber is about 2mm futher back if not more (will try for pic tomorrow). So How have other people done the swap in a KE30 toa K50 from a KE70? As by the looks even redrilling the gear box cross member to fit the K50 mount blocks it still wont fit int eh car as box mount futher back so help wanted?

So if anyone has advice on mounting or pictures be apprecated.

Thanks

Cameron

Members dont see this ad

i had the same trouble yesterday when i put a hi cam 4k and 4 speed out of a ke70 in my ke 30 2 door so i just redrilled my auto crossmember the 2 centre holes only and used my one piece automatic tailshaft instead of the 2 piece ke70 one that come with the spare parts ke70 that i used for the conversion everything fits with redrilling the crossmember the only thing i have to buy is a pedal box as no amount of modifications would make the ke70 one fit my ke30.

What are you changing the pedal box for?

And yes the 5 speed wont line up if its a KE70 one.

KE30/55 5 Speed fits. I'm not sure if you can change the extension housing over from the KE30/55 5 Speed to the KE70 one or not.

WHAT...*&^%&^(*&)*%^

So a KE70 one even if I re-drill my cross member wont fit into a KE30..Havent other members done it as the FAQ how to article has a KE70 box gong into a KE20 fine so thougha KE30 would be easier. BUGGER.

That means I have to remove my gear box tomorrow? AGAIN.. need info on this fast as need car going again..

Might betime for soem custom brackets to go in to make this thing bolt to cross member. Anyone know how thick the steel bar should be to mount this?

Cameron

RAVEN...you had me worried..Ill drill my only KE30 member tomorrow and bolt 70box mount on and might just resize holes ot squeeze bolts in etc make fit good at making custom metal bits. So ill give it a go. Just hope DOT doesnt look under car when I do change of engine number part..lol Might put my 4 speed gear nob on boz help cover up a bit..lol

Cameron

The speedo drive screwed right in with no worries, all that was needed to do was the hole in the floor moved back 70mm or so and the Gearbox crossmember redrilled and that was it for cutting and drilling. :wink: :)

Hi,

Yes did more looking todaya nd eventualy got my cross member to line up with the gear box mount. As I had to drill the holes off centre on the cross member and use a bottle jack to get the box in the right place. But I found if I drilled the cross member in line with the old holes for KE30 K40 box the mount was 22mm out... So below is a pic of where the mount has to sit on the cross member to make it fit onto the gear box. This was taken just before drilling the holes.

post-1811-1164074840_thumb.jpg

Also I Have just decided to cut my floor. I wanted a old 55 5speed so no hole was needed but I though bugger it if I need to go back ot the old box well ill weld the plate back in that I cut out. But now with the gear stick futher back I can use my front part of a KE70 dash I have to hold my CD player and change :wink:

Cameron

Also with the spedo drive it does fit. At first I didnt think it would but a bit of playing and turning it to get it to the right spot if slotted straight in. Also I have the same ratio Diff in my KE30 that the KE70 did where the 5 speed came from so it should be the same gear inside the box so speedo should still be right. But ill test it to see how good it still is.

Cameron