4a-gze's Suck!

ancullen

forget all the little secrets the car will be very and is very very very succesful in europe so

doesnt matter about any of the comments the car has been put to the test and passed with

flying colours!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's decided on the Jetta as the Passat is a bit too old-manish for him. 2.0L TFSI (turbo petrol) motor. 6-speed DSG transmission. He hasn't picked which dealer he's going to buy from though, as he's finding out where he'll get the best deal. He's been offered a $4,000 discount from one dealer though, and their model has the full bodykit and lowered suspension. It's black and is meant to look hot.

I wanna be seeing something a little more flash for my $40k. I'd rather a Six-Speed LPG Ford Futura for my money. Space, Pace and Grace all at a cheap running cost over several years. Or a LPG VE Commodore or something like that.

Do tell me the average fuel consumption for the vehicle when you get it though. I will be thoroughly interested.

Edited by Mr Hardware

He wasn't worried about the fuel consumption, otherwise he would have got the diesel. I think he just liked the serious grunt of the turbo petrol, which isn't far off the power of the LPG Falcon (147kW for the TFSI vs. 156kW for the E-Gas).

Edited by ancullen

I agree with Mr Hardware, i just don't see it becoming a big thing. If you want poke buy a GTI if you want economy buy the diesel. I just don't see too many people going for the mix of both.

That is a bit of a silly thing to say, I would say 90% of the male population of this country would say YES f@$kIN PLEASE if you said would you like heaps of power out of your car but still very good fuel economy?

Trev, that's so wrong it's not funny. LPG uses at least half as much fuel again as petrol (in a Falcon for instance), but costs only a bit over half the price of petrol (regular unleaded). So for $/km, you're spending a bit less on LPG. However, if you improve the fuel economy of a petrol vehicle, you could potentially make it cheaper in $/km than an LPG vehicle. Then again, if you put LPG through that same motor, you'd probably get the same benefits. How about an LPG powered TSI?

Trev, that's so wrong it's not funny. LPG uses at least half as much fuel again as petrol (in a Falcon for instance), but costs only a bit over half the price of petrol (regular unleaded). So for $/km, you're spending a bit less on LPG. However, if you improve the fuel economy of a petrol vehicle, you could potentially make it cheaper in $/km than an LPG vehicle. Then again, if you put LPG through that same motor, you'd probably get the same benefits. How about an LPG powered TSI?

If you take a LPG car and tune it to the best it can It will use around 33% more gas than a petrol ran car will, I did have to tune gas engines and i worked on them every day for 6 months as i was a field service forklift technician so i think i know how they work And no i no longer have a gas certificate as it was a corporate certificate headed by the company i worked for, Gas is also the most easiest setup to tune.