Trd 5.7l V8 Supercharger

ancullen

At the recent SEMA motor show in the US, TRD displayed a new Toyota Tundra concept with TRD bodykit, wheels, brakes... and supercharged 5.7L V8. This shows that TRD is planning on releasing a supercharger kit for the upcoming 5.7L V8. As the 4.6L version of this engine (with direct injection) makes 380hp, and the 5.0L version is meant to make 420-450hp, I'd expect the 5.7L version to be over 400hp. And TRD superchargers generally add about 25% more power, so is anyone else interested in a 500hp Toyota V8? Can anyone say HSV eater?

img_6403.jpg

img_6404.jpg

img_6405.jpg

img_6406.jpg

img_6394_450.jpg

img_6395.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Y'know with al this talk of petrol running out and global warming and all the rest you've gotta wonder why engines and the cars wrapped around them are just getting bigger and bigger.... did you know that global fuel economy as an average has actually RISEN since the 70's when fuel was mega cheap? Not to delve too deeply into the conspiracies but I reckon we've got plenty of fuel left and the manufacturers know something we don't... we're just getting stooged at the pump and the "oil crisis" is a fabrication to justify the price.

But anyway back on topic

My old man has the new turbo diesel 4wd hilux and it hauls arse... at 10L per 100ks too...

I've driven the 4.0 quad cam petrol in 2wd and its an absolute weapon... NO traction through the first 3 gears its bloody fantastic :jamie:

I've also heard a rumour through a mate who works at lexus that there "might" be a supercharged "sportivo" version of the petrol 4wd on its way... to be released in a couple of years to con-incide with the first facelift of the new hilux range... only a rumour though.

There has been talk that the four models to receive the TRD treatment over here will be the Aurion, Corolla, Echo, and Hilux. Overseas TRD are big on simply supercharging vehicles and doing some handling improvements, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case here too. We know that's what's happening with the Aurion, and the supercharger to fit the Aurion should also fit the Hilux V6 as they're from the same family of motors. The TRD Aurion is rumoured to produce about 240kW vs. 200kW N/A, so I'd think that the Hilux would go from 175kW to about 215-225kW. 225kW would be a nice figure as it's exactly 300hp, which would look nice in advertisements.

The next Landcruiser (130-series) is going to get this new V8, but talk in the media states it as being a 5.4L. I don't know why this is the case when it's so obvious that Toyota would stick with this new 5.7L they've just gone and developed.

Actually, in an interesting side note, if you go to the Lexus U.S. site, you can check out the specifications of the GS-sedan. It's available with either a 3.5L 2GR-FSE V6 or the 4.3L 3UZ-FE V8. Here's an abbreviated specs list:

GS350 RWD

City mpg - 21

Highway mpg - 29

Power - 303hp

Torque - 274lb/ft

0-60mph - 5.7sec

Top speed - 143mph

0-400m - 14.2sec

GS430 RWD

City mpg - 18

Highway mpg - 25

Power - 290hp

Torque - 319lb/ft

0-60mph - 5.7sec

Top speed - 149mph

0-400m - 14.2sec

So the V6 matches the V8 for acceleration, has only a slightly lower top speed, has more power but less torque, and gets far better fuel consumption the whole time. I bet Lexus/Toyota can't wait to release the new 4.6L V8 in this model as the current V8 version is just a waste of time. Then you find out there's a hybrid model with the same 3.5L V6, but an electric engine to help it out.

GS450h

City mpg - 25

Highway mpg - 28

Power - 340hp (total system hp)

Torque - NOT GIVEN

0-60mph - 5.2sec

Top speed - 131mph (electronically limited)

0-400m - TIME NOT GIVEN

The upcoming GS460 will probably have the same 380hp as the just released LS460, and it'll be about time too. Gotta love this new V8. :jamie:

And then I would get the interior redone in something less plastic :y:

Would be a pain in the ass to trim! The dash would be a nightmare to cover but it could be done, even the door trims would be a bitch. Still, it would look better if you could afford it, just don't ask me to do the work! lol!

We do need some sports trucks to open up the market... this would give Holden and Ford a good run for their money!