The New Moose Mobile

Ke50

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

so my engine is finished.

I'm just waiting on my extended sump to be finished off then i get the motor back and all systems go bolting everything to it and dropping it in the car.

from there it is going to ant at kaizen garage for adaptronic and loom and then to gavin wood for a tune.

ignore the huge block off plate on the sandwich plate, that was just a temporary replacement till i got my sandwich plate off my other engine which had not had the stock oil cooler.

newmotor.jpg

newmotor2.jpg

thought id post progress pics of my sump, its almost done.. getting final welds etc done to it right now. will be cleaned up and painted black for the finishing touch.

inside one of the wings... holes in the top allow oil to flow into the wing while drifting one way then when a transition occurs the gate will swing open and release another half a litre of onto the bearings.

sump1.jpg

what it looks like on the inside

sump2.jpg

i hope it fits... lol

sump3.jpg

i get it all back on monday then it starts getting everything bolted to the motor and dropped in the car. then its just adaptronic ecu and tune and its done... can't wait!!!!!

• 1 month later...

yea the clips are there for quick release, i have to take them off to get it in my driveway or to put it on a trailer etc.

decided to throw up a pic of the motor all finished... sorry for the crappy phone pic.

all i gotta do now is solder one plug and put some oil in it and i can crank it over to bleed the coolant... then save for a tune :P:(

Image0008.jpg

also a pic of my oil cooler mounted.

Image009.jpg