Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hydrolic Handbrake

Featured Replies

  • Replies 75
  • Views 73.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

4381.jpg

 

Oh wow. That is pretty. Looks quite simple too... I like the idea of putting the MC at an angle to get a cleaner stroke... Plus I've heard of good things with having the brake lines pointing to the side.

Edited by demuire

that's a real neat setup, the lines are so neat compared to other hydro setup i've seen. be easy to bleed out air from the system. no high spots for it to sit.

 

i'm toying with the idea of an upright hydro setup, next to the gear stick. set it up as a push forward setup, and have a removable handle. i could then mount the m/cyl at the front of the tunnel and don't really have to worry about losing space to the rear seat, and having kids trampling on brake lines. strictly for weekend motorsport fun only.

  • Author

I am so getting tempted to get rid of the standard handbrake lever and just make a new one from scratch... and then I remember what my welding skills are like and then I decide to stick with the standard thing again...

 

:D

nice setup

 

*looks at the handbrake in the corona and goes green with envy*

  • Author

I'm sorta half thinking of one too... Maybe we can get 2 and save on shipping :D

 

I'll start counting the pennies now, if you decide to order one let me know...

 

*edit* hey look they also have ADR approved harnesses...

 

*edit again* and wow they have soooo many other things...

Edited by demuire

  • Author

Have spoken to Ian from Seemore, he seems nice enough :D

 

For anyone interested, the spare wheel mount is basically a threaded steel rod with a base plate welded on the bottom (to bolt to the boot floor etc), and a locking plate to lock the wheel down, with the option of a wheel brace to suit. You have to let them know how many wheels you want to hold (1 or 2) and the size of your wheels so that they can cut the rod to suit.

 

For the 2" SAAS harnesses, they are AS2598 approved (ADR), so have no specific lifespan, and can be used indefinitely as long as they stay in good condition (not faded/frayed etc). They come with eyebolts.

 

Ian greatly recommends the Pro handbrake (which BTW is a pull type, not push type as I expected), he recons it is much easier to operate. I'll have to talk to engineer to see whether he can mod plate this, as the last time I spoke to him he was a bit weary about it. That said, the "club" handbrake is a bit cheaper... He's sent me some photos, I'll maybe post them up when I get home (they are a bit big for me to d/l here at work).

  • Author

For anyone seeking the tube nuts (P6118), I have sourced 6 of them from Perth, I believe Craig has put his name down for one so I have 4 spare... I had no luck finding these in QLD, even BHSS didn't have and couldn't get any...

I like the pro handbrake...that would be my choice. I recon youd get more force onto the pro too...just my opinion tho

A good hydraulic handbrake doesn't need a lot of force on it to work. Mine's not a good one, therefore it requires a lot.

 

I'd be quite happy with the clubman, mainly because it's out of the way. You can''t take the handles off, because the foot brake back drives the handbrake master cylinder, and you wouldn't want to trust the circlips inside with the MC with full pressure back driving it.

 

Still having the cable operated handbrake doesn't make it legal, the handbrake system is meant to be a completely different circuit. I know Keith Fackrell has a second set of calipers on the back of his Escort, and a reservoir on top of the MC on the handbrake, thus an independent system.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.