Indonesian Corolla...

deri2k3

hi guys, my name is deri and i've been browsing through this site for a while now. i've seen many nice rollas here and i thought i'd like to show you guys my 1978 ke30 corolla back in indonesia. i used to live in Indonesia but now i currently live in melbourne.

i bought this car back in september 2005 and has become my friend on the road until october 2006 when i came here to melbourne.

this is my 1st post so please correct me if i'm wrong. and tell me what you think also.. thanks..

deri

post-779-1166087899_thumb.jpg

post-779-1166088412_thumb.jpg

post-779-1166088466_thumb.jpg

post-779-1166088505_thumb.jpg

with the 15" at the back.. :)

Edited by deri2k3

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate... welcome aboard

where abouts in indo are you from? I've spent a lot of time over there... love the place. Especially nusa tenggara.

Indonesians do crazy stuff to cars... last time I was there I wandered past a wokshop in surabaya and noticed a dude grafting old school mercedes tail lights onto a HQ kingswood...

Edited by 7shades

thanks..

i was born and lived in the town of Bandung, which is a nice 3 hours driving from Jakarta.

yes actually we do crazy stuff to our cars, this is because we haven't got any regulations for modifications on cars.. so we're free to do almost anything.. ;)

i was a bit shocked and amazed actually when i came here, there are lots of stock, unmodified old-corollas here.. i say this because back home it was soo hard to find a good, stock ke30 or ke70. i'm gonna love this country.. :)

thank you sir..

no sorry haven't got any engine pic at the moment, i'll try to find one though. i'm sure i took a picture of the engine, i just need to look for the files in my computer. it has a standard 3k engine with 4 speed manual transmission (I don't think we have ANY automatic old-corollas in Indo as far as i know)

yes actually we do crazy stuff to our cars, this is because we haven't got any regulations for modifications on cars.. so we're free to do almost anything.. :)

Hmm, Darwin's closer to Indonesia than any of the Southern capitals. I think we should follow Indonesian law dammit!!! Welcome to RollaClub.

Nice work mate. I love the guard mirrors, there should be more of it...

yea i love those guard mirrors too, the bad thing is it's almost impossible to see them when it's raining heavily.. (which is often..) especially the left one. i had to follow my instincts back then :)

Hey, Welcome to the club!!

Are you sure its a KE30?? It had KE30 bumpers but the rest, like the bonnet, grille, tail lights & rear qtr vents, look like KE55's??

The colour looks KE30 tho.

I too like the look of fender mirrors but i'd get the shits with them if i had to get out of the car to correct its angle. plus its got more of a chance to get bumped there.

Edited by JiP_01

Sick, its got matte silver bumpers! And fender mirrors!

Looks hawt, one of the better looking corollas I've seen I believe, I love the whole car - only thing I'd do to it is black out the window surrounds!

Welcome to the club, pleasure to have you here

Are you sure its a KE30?? It had KE30 bumpers but the rest, like the bonnet, grille, tail lights & rear qtr vents, look like KE55's??

I too like the look of fender mirrors but i'd get the shits with them if i had to get out of the car to correct its angle. plus its got more of a chance to get bumped there.

You need to understand that Indonesia is a different country, and as such things are different. It's probably how their KE30's came from the factory.....and as far as the "colour" goes...I've seen about 12 billion KE55's that colour....and as you seem to keep forgetting, these cars are 20 years old...ANYONE could have painted that car a new colour in 20 years

thanks mate, yes I'm 100% sure it is a ke30, i don't think we indo market got another model other than ke30 for corollas made in the 74-79. and we didn't have any 2-doors or station-wagon or panelvan models.. too bad..

well the original color was actually darker than this color, i think the owner before me had resprayed it. o yeah, i was really careful when i'm driving my car thru the traffic jam as there were lots of motorbike that could knock my fender mirrors off easily. its hard to find the replacements of there mirrors as well these days, not to mention it costs some money.. :)

Sick, its got matte silver bumpers! And fender mirrors!

Looks hawt, one of the better looking corollas I've seen I believe, I love the whole car - only thing I'd do to it is black out the window surrounds!

Welcome to the club, pleasure to have you here

good to know that aussie rolla community enjoying my car :) actually, i was gonna put an 80% black window film all around but then i already had another car which had dark window film, so i want something different, and i put a brown-see-through window film instead, which looked fine with the black interior+seats inside..