Ke70 Panelvan

SKA80R

RWD 4AGZE CONVERSION

I will start by saying i did a shitload of research before i started. Now that i have finally got my hands on a T-50 X-member, i have discovered that the KE70 Panelvan has different Gearbox mounting holes in the tunnel, to the KE70 sedan/wagon. Hence the AE71 Gearbox X-member (T-50) wont bolt to the KE70 Panelvan tunnel.

I have been thinking that i might be able to drill the spot welds out of the X-member mounting brackets in my KE70 Van, and replace them with the ones out of the tunnel in the KE70 sedan. I know the AE71 X-member bolts straight into KE70 sedan, cause my mate has a 4AGTE in his :'(

Any Experts ??? Any suggestions ???

post-2613-1167482545_thumb.jpg

Edited by SKA80R

Members dont see this ad

make your own crossmember?

if my ke70 with w57 was here i would take a pic of how simple these things can be to make.

all mine has is 1 peice of thick angle steel on each end to bolt into the floor, and a peice between the two angles thats got holes drilled in it for the gearbox...

hope this makes sense, ill take pics if you need, when i get it back from the workshop...

make your own crossmember?

if my ke70 with w57 was here i would take a pic of how simple these things can be to make.

all mine has is 1 peice of thick angle steel on each end to bolt into the floor, and a peice between the two angles thats got holes drilled in it for the gearbox...

hope this makes sense, ill take pics if you need, when i get it back from the workshop...

could you please send some pics???

Top- KE70 Panelvan JDM? (Vans were Imported from japan) K-50 x-member

Middle-KE70 sedan (australian made) K-50 x-member

Bottom-AE71 Wagon T-50 x-member

The AE71 has the same bolt hole as my JDM KE70. The problem is it has to be bolted about 6 inches to the rear of where the original KE70 x-member went.

post-2613-1166835624.jpg

Edited by SKA80R

hmm, i just took a couple of pics but the car was out on the drive and the stones dig in. so theyre a bit blurry and you can't see much. so ill put the car in the shed later and get some better pics.

just remember its a supra gearbox under my ke70 so the mounting point is along way different so this idea worked nicely, but there may be a better way using a box almost the same size as what came out.

if i don't get pics up, remind me tomorrow

cheers, andrew

I got a KE70 pano with a 4age in it and I'm using the stock crossmember still...

I'm not sure whats up with yours?

Is your KE70 van from japan (compliance plate in japanese) or made by AMI

Is your roof like the KE70 sedan/wagon or AE71 panelvan ???

When you say stock crossmember, what one are you talking about ???

if worst came to worst you could always make your own. its honestly not that difficult. had to do it to for fitting my sr20 into my ke70 sedan.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m164/pe...pg?t=1167743785

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m164/pe...pg?t=1167743833

sorry its a little hard to see detail as this was when i got it back from the powder coaters. but you can tell which way it goes as you have seen your ke70 mount. i also used all four bolt holes rather than just the two for either manual or auto models. just to make it bit stronger. with a bit of measuring its fairly easy. goodluck.

yeh you are right they are fairly similar. the only thing thats funny with mine is that i need to get spacers (alloy bush style) and place them between the gearbox and gearbox mount as that mount with the sr gearbox sits a little low need to up it about 40mm. I'm still in progress on my car not completed yet but all of the mounts and crap like that are done. once you get an idea what you need to make its pretty easy.

Pete