Wiring Help/question

SKA80R

I can't see the use in putting a checklight in !!! cause i believe the light would be always on. Simply cause the AE101 speed sensor is missing( Speed limiter in dash cluster), abs is missing and the speedo reader(eletronic speedo sensor). From what i have read....All of these things can cause the check engine light to be activated

Wouldnt the ABS run its own light, In all the toyota's ive seen so far they have its own light.

Members dont see this ad
you will still need to wire up a light of some kind so when you short the diagnostic pins you will be able to work out the error code. Thats why i suggested wiring it up with a switch so you can turn it off.

I don't understand what you are saying ????

The Check engine Light should be activated due to the missing sensors/wiring.

So if i hook it up with a switch like you suggested, soon as i flick the switch the light will be on.

Why not just leave it out ?? My dash cluster (KE70) does not even have one !!

Seems like a lot of work for an shitty warning light that will only piss me off

the check engine light comes on with an error, true. But with the car off, you can turn the key to ignition, then short two pins on the diagnostic connector (which you could also wire to a switch) which will cause the light to flash in a certain sequence which is a CODE. look the code up in a table and it tells you what is wrong.

I would say the speed sensor is run in a open loop configuration because my speed sensor is d/c in my wagon and my check engine light shows no codes. Though i am yet to do a code read out through the diagnostic plug.

If the speed sensor was run in a closed loop configuration there would be a stack of people out there with ae9x corollas with this same problem.

You can wire up a check engine light with no problems and retain your diagnostics. Just get used to seeing the same code everytime you do a code readout.