Ke70 In Trinidad,west Indies

ca18de in a ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... the clutch and flywheel are bolted to the engine so make sure whoever you get the gearbox from includes them as well.

The auto corolla has a different ratio differential (I believe) than the manual to improve economy etc etc but I don't think you will notice the difference with the torque an SR20 makes :) More than likely you will obliterate the diff the first time you side step the clutch... I would be considering an upgrade... I think a T-series would handle SR power if driven sensibly.

got back my car and here is what i did:

engine:

changed timing belt

change alternator belt

swapped in NGK platinum tip

tune it

used synthetic oil

sealed a piece of the tappet pan rubber

car:

changed rear shocks to tokico gas

changed front disc pads

changed drum brakes pad

added new brakes fluid

the engine working REALLLY top class now....i love it....

when summer comes i gonna see what next i can do...

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys...i am just a few weeks from summer break and i have to start looking for a job.....i am gonna do some changes/mods to my ke70 with ca18...This are some ideas :

1) Swapping in a gearbox for the ca18de

2)swapping in a ca18det (depending if my budget allows)

3) swapping in an SR20DE (manual)

I am leaning more towards the 3rd option .....

Fat Bastard has been giving some good info.....

• 1 year later...

I'm a whole 2 years late to this site and thread lol, i am also from trinidad and i am doing some research as to what needs to be done to fix an S14 SR20DE (VCT) into a Daihatsu Charmant, its my dream project that i would like to start some time this year if my pay allows it, i love the AE86 corolla and the closest thing to it that is available here is the KE70 and the Charmant, was considering placing a 16V 4AGE in but over here the price tag on that and an SR20DE dosent favor the 4AGE in any way, why pay xxxx for a 1.6 when you can pay the same for a 2.0 :( .

Either way would love to get some insight as to suspension work..... intend on replacing bushings with ENERGY SUSPENSION BUSHING KIT replacements.... the engine bay i am not sure as to the complications putting the SR20DE in... thinking i need a stronger rear end, charmant diffs don't do all so well when adding twice the power... so i have heard, thinking RPS13 or SILVIA rear end, how does that sound?

• 5 years later...