Ke70 In Trinidad,west Indies

ca18de in a ke70

hey guys and girls...gonna talk to my mechanic bout what should be my next move...i plan either

1) Put in a gearbox with the ca18 and later on use performance clutches,chipped ecu etc and see how that goes

or

2) Swap in an SR20DE with gearbox and just mod later (parts for the SR cheap and plentiful over here)

what u guys think??

Edited by ca18de in a ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AJPS, his front swaybar does make a good difference (in my experience anyway...)

his prices should be in australian dollars.

over here some of his gear is a bit more expensive than other places you can go, but he may be a good source for you being O/S. hes the only one i know of selling the swaybars anyway.

for more 4age rwd tech, check out www.toymods.net

A lot of the stuff AJPS sells is also available from www.technotoytuning.com and they are based in the USA so your shipping may be cheaper... they have some excellent products, as does AJPS

Personally I would stick with a nissan motor, as your car is already set up for it... also there are a gazillion aftermarket parts available for the SR20 in your part of the world, less so the GE or GZE.

An SR20 ecu shouldn't have any trouble running an RB20 gearbox... unless you're going to stick with the automatic then you *may* run into some problems, but I can't confirm that I've only ever played with manuals.

thanks KE70kid.....7shades is right..the ke70 already has an ca18 in and it would be easier to swap in an SR....soo I'm sticking with swappin in a gearbox to the CA18 or taking that out and putting in an SR...gonna talk to my mechanic this weekend....if i swap an RB20DE(T) gearbox with the CA18DE,can't i just swap in either an CA18DET or SR20DE(T) engine only (later on though) since the RB20 can handle the torque??