Why Do You Do It?

Jason

As most of you know my project has taken for ever, but then I realized why I do them.

I have almost infinite amount of hobbies past times, just recently ive gotten into ethobotanciles :) I always do my own thing, I've built my own computers ect ect before I got onto the car scene I used to be serious about electronics and power electronics

I love building stuff, making custom bits and peices for motors and mechanical parts.

Its not so much the finished product but the effort and sence of yes I built this and it kicks fuking ass.

You?

Members dont see this ad

There's nothing like going for an early morning blat through the twisties or fanging down forestry trails in a car you built yourself.... knowing that every single part is working as it should, and every nut, bolt and screw holding it together was tightened up with your own two hands. I'm one of those annoying people that always has something on the go... if I don't have something to occupy my mind I go a bit crazy.... I find going down to the shed and gettin greasy is a much needed diversion and stress release.

I've owned a zillion cars.... from shitboxes to brand newies worth 70k.... hi-po jap imports and european coupes... but a corolla was my first car all those years ago and I just can't stop playing with them cos they're just bloody good cheap fun.

When i bought my halfcut i needed help to pull it out and what not but i think that was mainly due to i was lazy, But since then ive learned a lot from people and my own findings.

Before i would ask medicine_man or teddy to help me with my car troubles but lately ive tackled all my hard findings and i enjoy finding my own way of doing things, Like my pedal box conversion it was a bit tricky but i found my own way and did it properly and i loved every second of it. The custom gauge plate was hard but i enjoyed making it and i love the look of bair aluminum and i can say i made that and feel proud of it. Half my fabrication idea's don't work but when they do work I'm over the moon so to speak.

When i get the "AE70" going i will be smiling for week and prove some people very wrong.

Des :)

I do my crazy projects just to well yeah enjoy them and fill spare time.

I build things from jet karts to rocket scooters to DIY tools. So I just like to try and DIY ANYTHING so just eh though of I made that ground up and it worked and all the years I put into my jets it just worth it to hear it scream for a few seconds even if it screams to death I love it. And the fact that yes I have no rocket science degree but I can still build them is just FUN..lol

That is why I like my rolla I can do anything with it so I like just tinkering seeing what I can do on the cheap and DIY to..lol

Cameron

I've owned a zillion cars.... from shitboxes to brand newies worth 70k.... hi-po jap imports and european coupes... but a corolla was my first car all those years ago and I just can't stop playing with them cos they're just bloody good cheap fun.

I have alot of respect for people who can afford to own a 70K car, and treat someone like me who can only afford a $1000 car with complete respect and not look down on them. As alot of people who have owned or do own cars that expensive would look down their noses at someone like me. I've enjoyed every one of the posts I have read of yours and I think you are a great addition to this forum.

And as for always going back to the cheap reliable fun of a corolla....amen to that!!!

Edited by Rolla__Boy

just recently ive gotten into ethobotanciles
Haha out of interest, what is that? The name makes it sound like its a bloody meth lab or something, hahaha...

I've enjoyed every one of the posts I have read of yours and I think you are a great addition to this forum.

Amen to that, your a good bloke and when/if you get your sorry ass back to Perth for a visit, I'd like to meet you..

You?

I don't know why. I think I enjoy doing things myself because I like to have a practical understanding of how things work, know that I can do it myself and usually its the only way I can afford to do things, being DIY. Not to mention the only way things can be done properly is if you do it yourself :)... For the fabrication aspect though, that is actually pretty enjoyful :P

Can't wait for the 'engineering' that I'll have to do with me Subi :)

growing plants and using them more or less ;) but more in the aspect of 'healing' plants, no MJ dosnt count :)

Yeah diy you know its your fault when it screws up :P One of my most favorite diy experience is designing, printing and etching circuit boards.

But sticking to cars DIY addes that person touch in the world of bolt-on accerosies.

Looking through my projects folder its acculay scary the amout of detail ive put into my serious project like my motor built and my tesla coil :lolcry:

OCD ftw :)

Edited by Jason

growing plants and using them more or less but more in the aspect of 'healing' plants, no MJ dosnt count

Sounds like the old banana peels.. hahaha... you'd be right at home in that 'happy high' joint in the gold coast, that shop spun me out :)

was a soild state TC, it wasnt that big (before the erra of the IGBT's old skool mosfets) i carnt remeber the exact size but it was big for a SSTC. But i burnt the secondry :) H bridge it could handle 10amps nicly 15 pushing it. But it used to munch the fets becuse it got feedback issuies i never got sorta out becuse of limited time with a scope.

Ive always wanted to make a normal one, ive got a 15kv 30ma nst sitting in the garage :P but i never had access to making a cap bank

and wtf is a tesla turbine??? i assume its like a pinwheel using ion sprays?

wont be coming to because its uni orientation....

btw you should chek out my massive variac hehehehe its a beast

Edited by Jason