Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4age -4agc

Featured Replies

Speaking of the module idea, I read on American site that you can steal a module off of some cars to run the dizzy, like the falcon set up you spoke of. I can't remember what car the American guys got it off, but it wasn't something we got here (a chevette or something I think it was?) but i'm pretty sure that you still ended up with no advance. was cheap as though according to them.

 

Could the falcon stuff be made to work? If its just a module and a map sensor it might be able to be made to work? Would be a cheap way of making it happen instead of spending a fortune on msd/crane ignition set up or even an ignition only computer

Speaking of the module idea, I read on American site that you can steal a module off of some cars to run the dizzy, like the falcon set up you spoke of. I can't remember what car the American guys got it off, but it wasn't something we got here (a chevette or something I think it was?) but i'm pretty sure that you still ended up with no advance. was cheap as though according to them.

 

Could the falcon stuff be made to work? If its just a module and a map sensor it might be able to be made to work? Would be a cheap way of making it happen instead of spending a fortune on msd/crane ignition set up or even an ignition only computer

 

Same as been mentioned:

 

Bill Sherwood (crazy damn Australian) has his AE 86 Sprinter running a fuel only aftermarket ECU EFI system. His stock distributor is controlled by Bosch ignition module part no 249-9-222-067-016. It does not allow advance, but this may not be a real issue for you if you are track racing etc. Bill's car is street driven and works OK.

I am aware of the Bosch module. My question was whether or not you could use the map sensor and module from the xf together so that you had the ability to have ignition advance. I'm not familiar with the setup that the falcon uses and where it gets its signal from though

thats what Jade needs Q!!

 

did you know he's cracked a piston already!?

 

why does he need a dizzy set up like this? or he can stop being povo and just get a gze

  • Author

The XF falcon setup can be mabe to work but you need to start with the stock map sensor.

 

I haven't looked into it any further as its too much money,time and effort when i can get better performance from EFI. I was only looking into it as a cheap way out.

 

Even with the sigma dizzy its still going to take alot of effort with dynoing and dizzy recurving and shit. It would be alot harder to recurve it as i am planning to run after market cams aswell.

craig, to save u all the hassle i have an ae92 I'm wrecking, inlet manifold with throttle body injectors etc everything off car, sellin very cheap. My no. 0432 954 147

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.