Ke70 Diff

Glenn

Members dont see this ad

I paid $220 for the t18 diff I've got. They are worthwhile because they are the same housing as an early ae86 and therefore you can purchase an aftermarket lsd for it. There is no mech lsd available for the borg warner in a ke70.

The only other problem your going to have is that you will probably need to get a custom tailshaft made. In the ae71 you can use the front half of an ae86 tailshaft and the rear half of the t18 shaft top make it work but I'm not sure if you can do that as the ke70 will have a k40 or k50 gearbox as opposed to a t50 as found in the ae86/ae71. And you can't just use the rear half of the t18 shaft because it will not bolt to the front half you have.

Currently my t18 diff and shaft is sitting gathering dust as I have a locked standard diff in my ae71. What are you using your car for and what engine do you think you will end up with? If your going turbo skip using the t18 diff, if your staying K motor I doubt you will break the t18 diff or your standard diff (unless its locked, but I havent had any trouble with mine yet)

i am putting a 4agte into my KE70 so i will need something a little stronger than the diff i have at the moment, at this stage i will be using a t50 from a ae86/ae71 depending on which i can get my hands on first, then maybe moving onto a W series gbox depending on how long the t50 lasts and how much i can get the bellhousing for.

the t18 diff i am looking at has drum brakes on the rear.

so should i look for something else or is this what i should get?

thanks