Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Wagon

Featured Replies

Sounds like a noisy throw out bearing.

Yeah i agree with trevor with the noise.

  • Author

I hope it's just that, I'm going to change the clutch in it anyway, so I'll just get a full kit and do it.

If I don't have to buy a new box, all the better.

Nice car! I bought my Wag for $1200 off a couple kiwis a couple and a bit years ago. Since then I havent stopped with it....

Full XX options, AirCon, 5 speed, remote central locking, VN commodore radiator, sub on false floor, amp, air horns, unleaded head, bearings, seals their great!

post-2115-1171847230.jpg

  • Author

If I could be bothered ripping the head off it, I'd port/polish and deck it a fair bit, as well as change to unleaded seats.

Is it possible to put oversize valves in these things?

Valve seats.

 

No need to change the seats unless they are rooted now.

Edited by AE70

  • Author

The motor is on 320,000km, but still seems strong, no smoke, not too noisy (except the damn bearing). Even chirps second.

 

Just feels completely gutless after driving my other car:

 

SV300102smallnoreg.jpg

(Not really on LPG)

 

 

But, knowing how crazy I am with cars, it will probably end up with a 4AGZE-U with a turbo. Just tossing up whether I should bother to cut the rust out of it, and respray the car, as it's pretty straight and clean already.

  • Author

I'd love to say it's cosmetic..

 

But it's not :lolcry:

 

And it may be a commonwhore, but at least if you throw money at it, it will put out. :lolcry:

Edited by deathsminion

I'd love to say it's cosmetic..

 

But it's not :lolcry:

 

Good to see that you have found the only way to make power from a commodore :lolcry:

 

My vs was a fukin nugget (slow that is).

 

And it may be a commonwhore, but at least if you throw money at it, it will put out. :lolcry:

 

Yeah well after spendin money every week on a holden youd expect it to run :lolcry:, I was once a full on holden fan but then i chose the correct path....TOYOTA.

 

Well thats enough shit stirrin, Throw a few pics up in the Projects thread as I'm interested to see what you have under there :lolcry:

  • Author

I've always loved my Toyotas, I just got carried away with a Holden. My dream cars a Supra, believe it or not.

 

The Commodore is a VR, 4.2 litre stroker with twin T3/4 turbos. Backed by a T5 manual (which is barely holding on).

 

Rebuilt the whole car ground up, and its still barely finished (motor is back out for further strengthening). Was running 14psi, but after the strengthen, will be running 25psi daily, netting hopefully 600-650rwhp.

I've always loved my Toyotas, I just got carried away with a Holden. My dream cars a Supra, believe it or not.

 

The Commodore is a VR, 4.2 litre stroker with twin T3/4 turbos. Backed by a T5 manual (which is barely holding on).

 

Rebuilt the whole car ground up, and its still barely finished (motor is back out for further strengthening). Was running 14psi, but after the strengthen, will be running 25psi daily, netting hopefully 600-650rwhp.

 

Nice, Throw up some pics :lolcry:

  • Author

Will do tonight, I have to resize some first. :lolcry:

 

In other news, I just picked up a new K50 and clutch for $50. Woot.

Edited by deathsminion

  • Author

Ok, picked up the new gearbox. No clutch, but it does have the throw out bearing in it, which doesn't have too much play. Should I worry about putting a whole new clutch in?

  • Author

+10 points for a triple post.

Tonight I got a little crazy, and decided to do some weight reduction in preperation for the drifts tomorrow (Hilarity event, not trying to look good).

Rear seat, boot carpet and underlay, rear window washer bottle, and spare = 58.8kg.

Or the equivalent of adding 8.9rwhp.

Going to take it for a drive now, see if that makes any difference.

 

Edit: Ok, took it for a drive, put all 4 tyres to 38 psi. Definitely feels a bit smoother and quicker in acceleration, as well as consistently chirping second now. Bit slippier in corners, but still nothing to write home about.

Definitely worth the 20 minutes work though.

Edited by deathsminion

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.