4age Into Ae71 What Fuel Pump Is Needed

mozzy

Members dont see this ad

you don't need some super high pressure pump (as the 4age has the rising rate regulator any way). You don't really need a surge tank, but i suppose its a nice peice of mind. Surge tank you can get for about $100, fuel pumps range from $80 upwards new. I have used the classic VL pump and a VL lifer to pump into a 1.7L surge tank. My setup cost me over $200 all new pumps and surge tank, plus all the little things like rubber hoses clams ect

yeh i like the surge tank set up but its all money i don't have, baisicly i just want this motor to run and maby one day ill get a surge tank set up..

how do i avoid the surge tank set up????

also where did u get ur surge tank setup from and if you have and pasiffic brands or anything like that..

thanks mate

mozzy

Your standard fuel tank isnt baffled so the fuel will run away from the lift hose if you don't have a surge tank.

You'd have to keep it above 1/4 of a tank of fuel otherwise if you corner hard, it will kill your one and only fuel pump.

Research dude. This has been covered many many times before, not only on here, but on AE86DC and Toymods.