Some Ae82 Suspension? And Fe?

first, are the intake and exhaust manifolds on an fe on the same side as on an lc? if so, could I swap just the head and keep it carbed for now, till I get a full ag engine to swap? I ask because I know a guy that has one that is in perfect condition he will give to me for 5 usd......

secondly, what suspension parts off newer corollas, like 101's and on will convert to my 82 sedan?

thanks for any suggestions....

and I know everyone is going to say just swap the engine, but right now I am trying to locate a low miles one, with the full front clip, for the right price, close enough I can pick it up....thanks again

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate i just scored a free 4A-F and i'm ditching the 4A-C. The 4A-F and newer have intake on rear of engine and exhaust at front (radiator side) so you would encounter a problem. You could probably pick a free/cheap engine with a few problems cheaper than attempting to swap the heads. Cheers

another question, what does a 4a-lc redline at?

Ment to red line at 6,000 rpm but there is no power there so no point in taking it there, Just dead rev's

Twincam Ae82 struts fit in the SOHC models i think.

:D @ Redwalf.

For a brake upgrade there's this from Toymod's

AE82, AE92 and AE101 Brake upgrade guide

But i think the easier way around it is to use the rotors from the AE93 twincam (258mm x 22mm) and then find the calipers from the AE102 or AE112 corolla. Its mainly with the hub - from the AE101 and up the hub diameter is 55mm while the hub diameter is 54mm on the AE8x and AE9x series.

Something that i've been wanting to have a look at is if the calipers fro the SV20/21 camry fit. Main reason being is that everybody drives a AE102 but nobody wants to wreck 'em, where as i'm just about climbing over SV2x camrys in the wrecking yards.

The AE82 twinky strut brace does fit the single cam. Have a search on the forum. Or if your handy with a welder you could always make one. Once upon a time i bought a strut brace off ebay (think it was for lancer) and modified its mounts to fit. Like wise with the rear brace, but i just used square tube for that. Do a search though me posts for it...

The money that you spend on moding the 4a-c motor to fit the 4a-f head would be almost the same amount you spend on buying a 4a-ge motor. Unless your lucky with the score.... which i wasn't. Cost me almost $700 for a 4a-f motor (4a-ge motor is around the $500 mark). I had my reasons/needs for it....

You'll find it cheaper swapping in the 4a-f motor then either a 4a-fe, 7a-fe or 4a-ge motor cause of them being EFI but the gains to be had with the EFI motors, i think, out weigh the cost.

The 4a-c head has the intake and exhaust manifolds on the same side of the head while the "f" and "g" heads are of a x-flow design.

AE92 front bumper fits with a few mods.

For a quicker gear shift, same goes for the gear lever from the AE10x series corolla.

Not sure about the rear suspension from the AE10x series if it'll fit or not. The best idea would to hit a few wreckers wih camera, tape measure etc. Same can be said with the front suspension as well. But the AE82 twinky will fit, you'll just have a little fun with the sway bar cause the single cam does't have one, nor does it have the mounts for it (not sure with the CS-X but). If you intend on fitting rear discs you need the twinky hubs.

Now for a question - what the heck is a "4a-lc" motor ?????

• 2 weeks later...

troll where u live....i have twincam struts front and rear....they just need new shocks. i also have the front calipers and rotors. pm me if ur in brizzy or qld or whatever. (i can't post sorry).\

These in conjunction with the new shocks will give you a much better setup than the stocko setup. i also have the strut braces but i think youd have to drill holes and tap them in the firewall

also, thank you for all the information it has been very helpful....I have came to the decision of just modding the engine in the car, webber carb, k&n plenum, and supercharger for now. that should at low psi still put my past the 200 hp motor...

4a-lc is an american motor......here the 4a-c was only in california, and had more emissions stuff on it and the 4a-lc was given to all the other states...