My First Project

SIKE 70

Hey guys, very soon to get my P Plates and wanted a little project to waste away time until I get them. And then obviously it will be an ongoing thing. I bought this for $1200 from a priest down south. It has hardly any rust, and if so. It's only surface. Tiny scrape on the back right panel which has started to rust but I shall be fixing soon.

I'm putting a sound system in today. Which is JVC deck which I got for free. CD/MP3 Player and remote. And two 400w Xplod's for the back and 130w xPlods for the front. Looking for some Coilovers to put in soon. And I'm painting the stockies black leaving the ring chrome. Tell me what you guys think.post-3398-1176796058_thumb.jpg Here is the only picture I have of it so far.

Members dont see this ad

Sound system = Complete.

Next step - Lowering

After that - Stockies painted black, and then white walling the tyres

After that - Coilovers

After that - Complete respray with a white, maybe even pearl. I want to keep the grannyish look about it.

Hey mate, nice choice in project car :) did u install the central locking and alarm yourself? and where did you buy these items?? ive been thinking about it for ages and never got around to it, but if it wasnt all that expensive and is reliable i may consider it again...

I got both of the kits from AutoBarn? Do you have those in Sydney? And the Alarm and that is all fitted by me and dad, which saved us like $250 or something stupid. Alarm took like 5 hours to fit, because it had immobiliser and window smash sensors etc. Central locking is looking to take just as long too. But once it's all done, should be great.

Very tidy looking '70. good buy.

If you're gonna keep the stockies and paint them black. polish up

the chrome rings and the wheel nuts and keep them on there, would

look good.

I always thought some sigma turbo rims with red details (i beleive they call

them peter werrett's or somthing) would look awesome on a nice tidy

white ke70 like yours...

Scott.