Who's Up For Autocross? 22/08

NoPsi

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it was free and now i am hooked! cams, here i come!

thankyou fook for showing me that i can have so much fun off the street!

i just need to hurry and get my car back together,

oh well, i can use the blown rona until mine is done,

all and all a great day! pity i had to leave a little early

Heh, I was the opposite. I had my fun, I went to watch "zee drifting", got bored, got pissed off by wankers with attitude, went home.

I think I've gotten used to the very helpful and friendly bunch of the motorkhana/khanacross/autocross/rally/other-form-of-motorsport world and assuming that other "motorsport" people would be just as fun to be around...

Oh, just the "no-i-don't-have-time-for-you-cause-i'm-a-drifter-and-i'm-too-cool-for-school" attitude.

I dunno, that morning at the autocross it was my first time there, I knew probably about 4 other people, but most everyone was still very friendly and happy to tell you what was going on or give advice or have a laugh together or tell you a story about something or other, one other person in a Renault Clio Sport even went out of his way to make sure that I was going okay and explained how the day was run etc etc.

Quite a different atmosphere at the drift day...

I didnt go so much for the drifting. I met up with travis and a couple of his mates...we had a great time paying out the understeer "drifters"

I only pulled into autocross for like a minute and nothing was going on (lunch?) so I hopped on over to the drags and drift.

Yeah very little happens over lunch time :D In fact I didn't even know there was going to be a lunch time so there I was stuffing my face after I had my 3rd run, and then I was all ready to go for my 4th run and they went "oh, the red flag is out, it's lunchtime..."

So then I was just bored. Got to talk to some interesting people over lunch though, although I don't remember any of their names :unsure:

Mumblezz rocked up for a tick toward the end of the day, I was a bit busy at the time (going out for my 5th run, and I'm not very sociable when I'm in "focus-mode" as some of you who've been out motorkhana with me would probably know by now...) and when I came back he was gone... Oh well, catch up next time :poke:

Edited by demuire

Yeah sorry I couldnt hang around for longer I had a quick chat with a few club members while you were on your run and then had to bolt off down the road to say hi to a few people at the drags then go and see some friends at the drift day as well.

I can totally understand the whole unfriendly atmosphere in the croud at the drift day. The whole "sport" if you will is over-run with posers and shit talkers with big egos. Sure you can laugh at the people who are ploughing and spinning out all over the place but they're the one out there giving it a go. and thats what counts. All i see parked around the track are the usual s13's, ae86, a31, FC3S etc and when you ask them why they arent out there all you get are excuses.

Mumblezz: You have too many friends :poke: Hehe, j/k

I can totally understand the whole unfriendly atmosphere in the croud at the drift day. The whole "sport" if you will is over-run with posers and shit talkers with big egos. Sure you can laugh at the people who are ploughing and spinning out all over the place but they're the one out there giving it a go. and thats what counts. All i see parked around the track are the usual s13's, ae86, a31, FC3S etc and when you ask them why they arent out there all you get are excuses.

Nicely put :D That said, I did stand around and laugh and point at the people who did spin out and stuff, and I was parked in the car park and not out there having a go :unsure: Does that make me a "poser" and "shit talker" too? :lol:

Edited by demuire