Toyota Ute

corolla-ute

Drill 2 holes in the xmember, extend the shifter hole, lengthen the reversing light wiring and it should be all good. :jamie:

problem with that felix is that i think the handbrake will be in the way of the shifter, maybe it will have to be moved......

if you look closely you will see handbrake alongside driver seat....(opinion please)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

90% sure the shifter will end up half way between were it is now and the handbrake.

Since you have both a ke70 and ke30 box, measure from the front of the bell housing to the centre of the shifter hole on each. The difference will be the distance it moves back. :jamie:

looking at this pic it only seems to be 2 inches max!!

post-3471-1178091225_thumb.jpg

Edited by Taz_Rx

90% sure the shifter will end up half way between were it is now and the handbrake.

Since you have both a ke70 and ke30 box, measure from the front of the bell housing to the centre of the shifter hole on each. The difference will be the distance it moves back. :jamie:

looking at this pic it only seems to be 2 inches max!!

post-3471-1178091225_thumb.jpg

thanks for that i'm sure i measured b/4 come to think of it ....ok 5 speed going in soon.....

thanks for the help :y:

Alot of people have said that , but they are only 14 inch.......

So... You can still get decent performance tyres in 14's. It is your car though, do what makes you happy. :jamie:

I reckon you should be fine with handbrake clearance. As Taz_Rx said, measure it up. You will probably find the shifter will be in a more comfortable position with the 70 box.

Love the ute dude. :S I didn't even know they existed untill now! I sold a panelvan to a friend and he planned on cuttin n shut it to make his own rolla ute. Not too sure if he still is tho. :hmm: Anywayz tidy ride! good work