Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Valve Tappet Clearence K Motors?

Featured Replies

Hi,

After slowly working out how to get my solid lifter to 5K conversion sorted I decided to set my valve tappet clearence to what the K-B motor had which is 0.010mm intake and 0.023mm exhaust.

 

But tonight I flicked through my 4K manual for a KE70 and it runs 0.020mm intake and 0.030 exhaust clearence.

 

So what would be the better one to go with? the tighter K-B ones or the larger 4K ones?

 

Also what is the possible problems I can expect with a gap that is to small or to large?

 

Cheers

Cameron

To tight, valve will not seat properly (Loss of compression, valve cannot cool down etc.)

 

To large of a gap, lots of ticking, loss of power due to less lift and damage to the top of the valve stem from the rocker bashing on it.

 

Id go with the later model setting.

  • Author

Good point felix. I am running a KE70 4K-C cam so I should us those specs.

 

If i had the K-B cam still with 10 degrees more duration I could run the smaller gap but hey ill run the newer larger limit I think till I get a cam regrind.

 

Thanks

Cameron

On your figures, it looks like you are getting confused by millimeters and thousands of an inch. :D

 

Any idea how small 0.020 mm is ? And how large 0.020" is ? Just a tip :

 

Make sure you are using the right feeler gauge, and if your given measurement is for hot or cold engine.

Edited by tojo2

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.