Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ra60 Struts

Featured Replies

As title says I have searched but not found a definitive answer. I was thinking you could bolt the whole lower control arm and strut in with a KE30 top hat. I know people say so use XT130 struts but I may have access to ra60 struts for cheap and are vented from stock.

What are your views or experiences let me know

Lappy

I have RA60 struts in my ke35, You will need to use ke spring seats on the RA60 struts and also you will need longer LCA's Other wise you will have positive camber!

I have had my standard LCA's made a lil over an inch so longer, so now I have a few degrees of negative camber! ;)

  • Author

Cool thanks. What about if I use Ra60 LCA's are they longer?

Cool thanks. What about if I use Ra60 LCA's are they longer?

 

I'm unsure about the Ra60 LCA's I did't get any when i bought my struts!

  • Author

Thanks thats a great website very helpful RA40 is good but I would like to run RA60 struts as the brakes are much bigger and are vented

Edited by lappy

  • Author

i would say they would be just the struts are different but the bolt pattern might be the same

I have RA60 struts sitting in my shed. Going to convert them to coil-overs for my KE25.

 

I know for a fact RA40's work in a KE30 as I had a KE30 with them. I also have the RA60 Control arms on my struts which i'll grab some measurements tomorrow for you if so need be.

Wicked. That'd be helpful mr. raven... I'm intending to use SA63 struts and lcas with a weld on coilover kit pending the results of this investigation... I haven't taken them off the donor car yet so I have no measurements other than strut diameter. (51mm) What coilover kit do you intend to use?

T3 do a nicely priced kit. Includes longer sleeves, weld on perches, your choice of spring rate and length and upper hats. Works out to be $234 for the front pair + postage. I think it worked out to be around $270-$280 delivered.

 

My struts have the same diameter as an AE86 strut (2 inches or 51mm) which is the same as what you're using. I'm also going to get camber plates too for full camber adjustment, as I'd like to go racing for track days in the future.

 

Apparently there is another kit in the UK that has the sleeve sit between the top of the strut tube and the gland nut and the gland nut locks it in place.

 

Not sure how safe that type of set-up would be but I'd be happy just to have a weld-on sleeve kit and also remember that if you're going for a short stroke shock absorber, you may have to shorten the strut casing and then put a 20mm spacer in the bottom depending on what shock absorber you intend to use.

Edited by Raven

Mmmm yeah I've seen those dodgy kits on ebay too... I wouldn't trust them as far as I could spit a rat. I think I'll be sticking with the welded setup and normal stroke inserts... I need the travel :P

  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

 

Two reasons why

 

1. Been busy with my band stuff

2. Been too lazy to go dig my struts out.

 

Anyway, the length of the RA60 Celica LCA is 365mm for those who wanted to know.

Edited by Raven

  • 1 month later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.