Have You Seen One Before??

Hey, guys. Okay, this is directed at the older members. I haven't seen one of these before and i think if i restore it to what it use to look like it may be worth a bit.

My brother and I were/are painting this old Queenslander and found a couple of these in it...

post-1158-1181738366_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1181738387_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1181738408_thumb.jpg

Now its been painted this colour and the other is green. Not that it matters. We were just wondering if anyone has seen them before, maybe as a child and could remember what colour they were??

Now from the back they look like they may have been a plain gun metal colour and I'd assume the lettering may have been white. (Mainly cause that's what the label was coloured in that era before it was red.)

Anyone know??

thanks,

Jon.

JiP_01

Members dont see this ad

they're the old bottle openers from the OLD coke vending machines.... uhhh lets see I think they were white but I'll see if I can get a piccy for ya....

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...ntryAU%26sa%3DN

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...ntryAU%26sa%3DN

oh, you could leave it in a jar of coke and let the coke clean it up... LOL

Hmm, the second link looks to be a reproduction one so I'm not sure if the red lable would be right. Apparently Coke didn't have red on its bottles back then. I'll have to keep searching.

EDIT

post-1158-1181781886.jpg

post-1158-1181782368_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1181781923.jpg

post-1158-1181782562.jpg

post-1158-1181782582.jpg

The last two look closest to it.

Edited by JiP_01

Coke used to have a green label until they realised the color red incites a hunger/thirst instinctive response in our brain. In fact they were the first to realise it... now you know why all the fast food chains have red as the predominant colour in their signage, packaging, advertising etc.

But didn't Coke use to be Green in colour. That and before the main ingredient was Caffeine, it was Cocaine. Hence the nick name "Coke".

Ever so more addictive than caffeine.

Edited by JiP_01