Acceleration Annoyance

mullet

hey people of rolla club, my name is lachlan but every 1 calls me mullet. i have recently purchaced myself a '75 ke35. she has a 4k with a 5 speed manual box.

I have noticed when i accelerate that there is a flat spot but only on initial acceleration (low revs). i also seem to be going through a tank of fuel like it is going out of style and the exhaust smells very ritch.

i have been told that the flat spot may be being caused by an air leak some where. Any ideas of where or any other reasons i might be encountering a 'flat spot'??

i have tried to adjust my carbie to try and decreese my fuel consumption and to try and minimise the exhaust smell but to no avil. any pointers on how to counter these to problems??

thanks every1

Members dont see this ad

I had a similar problem to you with the stock carbie, would flat spot when you accelerate and had to rely on the choke even in the middle of summer :yes: . I don't know what was causing it unfortunatly, checked for blocks, changed the accelerator pump but couldnt find anything. I gave up with it soon after, there could be many things causing it and since I had access to a weber, it was an easy decision to swap to that instead of stocky aisan :yes:

Get a weber :hmm:

^^^^Exactly what I did. Made a hell of a difference. Car runs alot better, no flat spots, and, it starts and runs fine first go in the middle of winter. Would reccomend it if you can get your hands on one.