July 18, 200719 yr comment_187487 Hi Guys, I'm after a 5K engine for a transpolant into my ke20. What cars/vans did the 5k engine come in? Thanks Dave Report
July 18, 200719 yr Author comment_187495 is that bigger than the 5k? would that bolt into a ke20? Report
July 18, 200719 yr comment_187497 is that bigger than the 5k? would that bolt into a ke20? Yep they are 1800cc and ive got a reconditioned one here for $850. Report
July 18, 200719 yr Author comment_187503 Yep they are 1800cc and ive got a reconditioned one here for $850. what would be involved in fitting it into a ke20 Report
July 18, 200719 yr comment_187504 An engine craine. :evil: Sorry, saw a chance and took it. :D Report
July 18, 200719 yr Author comment_187506 An engine craine. :D Sorry, saw a chance and took it. :y: :evil: :y: Report
July 18, 200719 yr comment_187508 only mod really neccessary is modification to the sump or cross member, preferably the cross member. Because of the 7k's longer stroke (its basically a stroked 5k) the sump is a bit deeper. So the mod to the cross member is to make room for this bigger sump. Apart from that, wack a 3/4/5k flywheel and clutch to suit on it and your about ready to go (with a k40/50). You could use the 7k gearbox and therefor flywheel and clutch, but I know a member here just bought a 7k GB for $880!!! so there a fair bit more expensive, but are stronger. Report
July 19, 200719 yr comment_187607 What cars/vans did the 5k engine come in?Thanks Dave Late 1980's Lite Ace - 1987 I think Report
July 22, 200719 yr comment_187994 :wink: :) So do you want it, itll go fully SIK after . they make KE20's go like piss. Report
July 22, 200719 yr comment_187998 I would love that motor for my ke11LOVE IT Do it man do it!!!!!!!!!!! Report
July 22, 200719 yr comment_188001 I am a uni student. I have about as much cash as a crack feind. :wink: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now