Where Do I Get 12"whitewall Tyres From?

jimi20

Members dont see this ad
Not saying that the tire place would have them in stock but they'd most likely know someone like a supplier.

Thanks for the help guys. Through painstaking fingerflicking I've found it difficult to lokate anything in 12", People only seem to stock 13" and above however... a place called Antique Tyres in Melbourne sell Whitewall inserts for about $145 (including postage). They say their legal and that the keep well. Has anyone had any experience with such items?

:P

For my KE10 I just bought new 12" tyres from my local tyre place, then after wearing them in for a few months, I got the whitewalls engraved on the tyres.

I am down south of Sydney, and the guy came to my house and did the whole lot for $100.

He said that you need to wait a few months after the tyres are brand new, as they have certain oils to preserve them that can disolour the whitewall paint when it is applied.

So that would be your best bet - buy decent tyres for the car then find someone who does whitewall engraving...

Cheers

Davros

For my KE10 I just bought new 12" tyres from my local tyre place, then after wearing them in for a few months, I got the whitewalls engraved on the tyres.

I am down south of Sydney, and the guy came to my house and did the whole lot for $100.

He said that you need to wait a few months after the tyres are brand new, as they have certain oils to preserve them that can disolour the whitewall paint when it is applied.

So that would be your best bet - buy decent tyres for the car then find someone who does whitewall engraving...

Cheers

Davros

You wouldn't have the guys number still? Any info from him might help me track down someone close to me.

thanks for the info! :P

Thanks for the help guys. Through painstaking fingerflicking I've found it difficult to lokate anything in 12", People only seem to stock 13" and above however... a place called Antique Tyres in Melbourne sell Whitewall inserts for about $145 (including postage). They say their legal and that the keep well. Has anyone had any experience with such items?

:y:

Had this discussion with a lot of people when I used to have a dumped Lux and was looking for some, if the ones your looking at are the inserts you place under the bead of the tyre then re-inflate, I don't hink there much chop for everyday and highway driving, not saying they wont last but just don't think that they'd be as good as what Davros is suggesting, I have seen that type as well done be the tyre guys and looks much better..

Just hard to find in QLD...

my cousin had painted ones on his 30 and they didnt last that long, also they get dirty and if u hit gutters etc they rub off

I think I've found a dude who paints the on in brisbane called "whitewalls are us". A customer of my has his number at work, so fingers crossed!!!

I just went to my local tye shop, they told me that the inserts need tubes, there a c**t to position and that they no longer bother!

Thanks for the responces guys!

JIMI :y:

YESSSSSSSSSS. I have the power.

Theres a guy named Jamie based in Brisbane who whitewalls tyres.

The cost is $150 for the 4.

I was told the tyres need to of a matt won finish before the white can be applied....also I'ts not reccomended to put tyre shine on before or after application!

His number for anyone interested is 0412007207! :y: