Brake Upgrade

trdcamrypride

Members dont see this ad

Trent,

Sure you could put 17 or 18" Mags on your car... it wouldn't affect the breaks, and as long as you don't get wheels that scrape the guards or muck up the rolling diameter, then if you can afford it...it "should" work.

I don't know your finational position, so i can't say don't get these because of what ever $$ reason, but for a young person like your self, -> 17"/18" with rubber wont leave you with much change out of $1500 / $2000 +...

*opinion starts here*

If i was in your position with $2000 (I'm assuming here), i would spend $500/600 max on getting some mag wheels & AND Good rubber. I know 17" wheels are all for show, but don't get into the trap of almost burning your money...spend a bit on making the car safer to drive...better suspension, if it hasn't had a proper service lately, get a good service done on it... etc - then you still have $$ left over to do a few other things to it ! -

*finishes rant^n^rave session :P*

Good luck mate.

Sorry for double post people, but i just saw pics of Trent's car...

Trent : Hey, you have got mags already :P - and they look good ! - but its a personal decision i guess... Anyway! - what I'm trying to say is why don't you get some good rubber for those mags - they look a descent size already !

*opinion starts here*

If i was in your position with $2000 (I'm assuming here), i would spend $500/600 max on getting some mag wheels & AND Good rubber. I know 17" wheels are all for show, but don't get into the trap of almost burning your money...spend a bit on making the car safer to drive...better suspension, if it hasn't had a proper service lately, get a good service done on it... etc - then you still have $$ left over to do a few other things to it ! -

*finishes rant^n^rave session *

Good luck mate.

yea thanks guys this sounds like good info and i will consider it.

i could get a set of 18" and rubber 4 900$

but doin the suspension and good rubber and a few little things sounds good

by good rubber u mean low profile.

what little things do u mean?

cheers trent

ps thanks 4 the info.

Good rubber doesn't always mean low profile. Good rubber is what sticks to the road best. My grippy-est set of tyres are a set of 175/65-14 Azenis'. You can buy some sets of low profile tyres that have a worse compound than, say Bob Jane All-Rounders. When they get low on tread you can chisel new grooves in them. Low profile doesn't necessarily equate to performance. You pay for what you get. Cheap rims and rubber? You get the picture.....

R