Fusion Ke30

fusion

So the cars back. Its cranking and turning over, but its not actually . . . whats the word . . . going 'broom'?

We put a air hose in the fuel tank and bleed the fuel system of all air.

Took parts of the Weber apart to check the fuel was being delivered and it wasn't running dry.

Also made sure all the fuel lines in the engine bay had no air in them.

There is spark, so that isn't a problem either. One thing where still guessing is the timing on the dizzy though, could this affect it?

If anyones got a suggestion let me know as I am open to try and get this running.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah just install an electric pump in the boot/under car.

See what you can get free/cheap. If not get a Holley Red (Blue is too big!) or Carter Green. I prefer Carters as they're self priming and it doesn't matter where you put them. :lolcry:

Hmm I will take that into consideration than :)

However I am having some problems. To get the engine running we have to make it way advanced, which doesn't give us any revs at all.

The mechanic tried all kinds of tricks up his sleeve, but nothing wants to make it any better (he even took the death axe to my Weber manifold and dizzy :( )

So we have both given up for the time being until I find some stock 3TC parts. We will go back to a basic motor setup and work our way from there as the only explanation we can think of is that the Webers have been sitting for over 6 months and might not be playing right.

However when we did have it sitting there running it was a nice feeling to hear it firing through the exhaust . . . . until it gave a massive backfire through the exhaust :)

So . . . . ITS RUNNING.

We put on the stock carby manifold complete and it still didn't go right. Than a random thought came up in discussion . . . . lets reverse the polarity of the dizzy. And guess what . . . all the di**ing around didn't need to be done :P

Even funnier news though. First time out on the streets . . . and as it was given a little stick turning the corner back into the workshop and the diff blew! Sun gears where shattered

So today was spent replacing the diff. So no more load for the diff until it is upgraded.

I am thinking T Series from a TA22 with swaybar mounts . . . but I will see how it all goes. Need some more cash first.

Also thinking of running a 36/38 DGAV (or whatever it is . . ) instead of the twin Webers, but we will see how loud its going to sound. As much as I love it, it was really hard last night trying to stay quiet around any hot spots :S

Cheers Fusion